Question: Master of the tri fold path

thewarriorhunter

Use this Stratagem after nominating a Raven Guard Character model that is not a named character to be your Warlord. You can generate one additional Warlord Trait for them; this must be from the Raven Guard Warlord Traits table. All of the Warlord Traits your army includes must be different. You can only use this Stratagem once per battle.

Am I reading this right that I can pick a trait from C:SM and then use this to choose a second as long as it's from the RG supplement? I don't have any specific combos in mind right now but I'm reading through both books to try and get a better understanding of what tools I have at my disposal.

Yeah that’s the way I read it too, it also seems like you can take your initial warlord trait from any source available. For instance making your chaplain a Master or Sanctity take the reroll Litanies trait and top it off with Master of Ambush with stratagem. Edited by Entry1

Yes, source for the first warlord trait can be from any source available, second trait after the stratagem must be from the Raven guard supplement book.

Also, they both need to be on your original warlord, so you can't use this stratagem on a character you used the 'hero of the chapter' stratagem on.

I’m pretty sure you can only take 1 Warlord and then use 1 stratagem from the Codex and 1 from the Supplement. But I could totally be off on that also. I haven’t boned up on the ability for one character to have multiple traits either?

Eventually I need to get this right though considering I plan on a MoA Chappie and a squad of Aggressors/Centurions as almost always being my first HQ and unit choice

Edited by Dracos