Rail Gun?

I wouldn't mind some kind of rail gun being added to the inquisition armory. I specifically would love an inquisition vehicles (perhaps on the land raider chassis) that has traditional weaponry and then a "radical" weapon from each of the ordos.

Xenos - looted tau heavy rail gun and/or eldar d-cannon

Hereticus - literally strap a tortured witch to the tank in some way that makes the tank a psyker

Malleus - Soul cannons ala chaos forge world minis

Most likely source is an archeotech artifact the AdMech has studied for millennia, with little success in resolving the problems real-world railguns suffer from. Yes, the Imperium can make generators capable of powering a railgun, and conduits durable enough to transfer the necessary energy WITHOUT melting- but it cannot make such equipment compact enough to fit on anything smaller than a Space Marine strike cruiser.

As the Tau Hammerhead resembles the light tank in the 1982 movie Tron, I joked the xenos must have somehow gotten their hands on an STC for railgun-armed hovertanks. Maybe the STC was/will be recovered in a battle with the Tau?

I wouldn't mind some kind of rail gun being added to the inquisition armory. I specifically would love an inquisition vehicles (perhaps on the land raider chassis) that has traditional weaponry and then a "radical" weapon from each of the ordos.

Hereticus - literally strap a tortured witch to the tank in some way that makes the tank a psyker

Good imagination! Let's brainstorm ways to kitbash tanks to represent them. In the Ordo Hereticus' case, may be shoehorn a penitent (from an Adepta Sororitas Penitent Engine model) into a visually modified Space Marine Razorback or Astra Militarum Chimera model, and add pipes/cables leading from the penitent to the gun turret, so it looks like the penitent is somehow powering the gun?

I doubt any kind of railgun will make its way into Imperial armouries. Those "futuristic" weapons stylistically go to the Tau. The Imperium tends to be more about big, rugged guns and explosives that are well-understood concepts today, as well as the really surreal stuff like Vortex-weapons.

I wouldn't say that at all, a volcano cannon or Quake cannon, Plasma blastgun etc. are all very high tech. Most of their stuff is made cheap or easy to manufacture but they still have a lot of high tech stuff. Also a railgun isn't high tech, it was back in the day when GW gave the tau it.

Most likely source is an archeotech artifact the AdMech has studied for millennia, with little success in resolving the problems real-world railguns suffer from. Yes, the Imperium can make generators capable of powering a railgun, and conduits durable enough to transfer the necessary energy WITHOUT melting- but it cannot make such equipment compact enough to fit on anything smaller than a Space Marine strike cruiser.

As the Tau Hammerhead resembles the light tank in the 1982 movie Tron, I joked the xenos must have somehow gotten their hands on an STC for railgun-armed hovertanks. Maybe the STC was/will be recovered in a battle with the Tau?

Good imagination! Let's brainstorm ways to kitbash tanks to represent them. In the Ordo Hereticus' case, may be shoehorn a penitent (from an Adepta Sororitas Penitent Engine model) into a visually modified Space Marine Razorback or Astra Militarum Chimera model, and add pipes/cables leading from the penitent to the gun turret, so it looks like the penitent is somehow powering the gun?
I like that, and for smaller arms you can just have human heads connected to them like servitor sights, or servitors loaders.

The accelerator cannons custodes currently have are similar. Likely closer to a (real, not 40k fake necron) gauss cannon by the visuals. It's a type of linear accelerator like a rail gun just doesnt use rails.