Magnetising Knights

Dizzyeye01

Hey guys, I was talking with a few friends of mine and it led into getting the Knight magnetized in order to make transporting it around easier. I was wondering if any of you guys have done so and any good tips etc? I'm in the UK so any magnet places in it would be great to hear of as well.

I've magnetized my knights, and it wasn't too hard to do.  Wish I had used larger magnets, though, as bumping it can cause its arms to fall off, and I can't always pick up up by the torso without the legs falling off.

My knight is here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356852-the-bringers-of-judgment-dr-ruminahuis-knights/ but I don't really go into how I magnetized it.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I have magnetised all my knights (multiple of each type of knight for myself and my son) and I'm in the UK

I use the flat earth magnets from Amazon and have a selection of 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1 and 8:1 (diameter/thickness mm).

I watched a few YouTube vids initially and it is really easy. Magnets at the joints in the arms and magnets for all the different weapons.

Magnets I've used were from MAGNET EXPERT and they are really good (imo).

All Neodymium. The 8 mm diameter by 1 mm thickness have a 0.39kg pull and I've got no issues with wobbles or bits falling off, plus you can add more within the sockets to add to the pull if needed. So I've put a couple of 6:1 mags into the joints and put the 8:1 on the top. So there is plenty of pull :-)

Edited by happyslugger