Space Marine Heroes Japanese vs English

I’ve noticed that for a while now, the Japanese versions of the Space Marine Heroes blind buy boxes go for a little bit (sometimes a lot) less on eBay and other marketplaces than do the English-language ones. Does anybody have any idea why this is? I don’t actually own any of them, English or Japanese, but I’m thinking of getting some to paint, display, or maybe even integrate into my armies. What’s the difference bw the Japan release and the UK/ USA release?

Blind box buys means you might not get one of each or that special one you might want. So making them random means they are likely to sell more to those who dont get the one they want.

I'd really like to see the set box of DG come to the UK as then I'd buy the lot, as it is I'm worried I wont get a chance at the few I'd like without paying a fortune.

I'm not sure if there are any differences, I thought they were the same? My guess would be perhaps people are scared off by the different language? eBay and other second hand market places are their own beasts so sometimes it's as much about the potential buyers as the products. Hopefully someone with experience can give a firmer answer, as these deals won't be around forever ;)

So, I did a little bit of “research” and they don’t appear to be the same in terms of the assortment of miniatures you’re pulling from when you make a blind buy, at least in the case of series 2 (the BA terminators). So, the Japanese set has a heavy flamer/ chainfist guy, whereas the USA set has an assault cannon guy instead. Also, when you buy the USA version, you have a chance of getting the ultra-rare standard bearer or the Captain, while in the Japanese version you can only get the captain.

I think they're cheaper because Japan's gambling laws affect things like the blind boxes of Space Marine Heroes.

So if you were to buy a full box of the Heroes Series 2 in Japan (10 models), you'll get (at least) one of every single model that's advertised on the box.

Iirc someone (N1SB maybe?) explained it in a previous thread.