Rogue Trader C100 Marines - a small platoon in progress.

Xanthier

That's incredibly flattering to hear KrautScientist, your work's been inspirational ever since I found it years ago! Cheers Majkhel and Kolgrim, comments are always enthusing to see!

I got the next two models done within my self-imposed deadline, as I wanted to get the Medic and Techmarine done before the weekend ended.

PHFxjXz.jpg

3rTA7EK.jpg

With any luck the Communications Marine and 2 quads will arrive soon, as well as the various other models and sundries on their way. I plan to space out the vehicles in between what's left, as painting the buggy was a bit of a chore.

That's incredibly flattering to hear KrautScientist, your work's been inspirational ever since I found it years ago!

It's merely the truth, mate! :)

The latest batch are looking sweet as well -- seeing the red helmet, I cannot help wondering whether we'll be seeing some Field Police as part of this project...

I've continued to be busy and make progress on the project. I've painted up a second buggy, though I'm still waiting on the crewman to arrive in the post. Communications Officer Orinoco also arrived this morning, so I painted him up too - now the command squad is complete.

mgtpelx.jpg

rPeW62Z.jpg

tapGVhz.jpg

Certainly getting there! Most of what's next I'm waiting on to arrive, but I do need to look for the techmarine bike rider as well as all the other techmarines on foot as I do like the models.

Great work! However buggies start to look a bit too uniform don't you think? I'd say a stripe here and there would do them good. Or some yellow triangles.

Or a checkerboard... :wub:

I do wonder how that Marine would get inside the vehicle without maybe having to take off his armour first?

To be honest, this is true for almost every single ground vehicle in 40k excluding bikes :wink:

Edited by Majkhel

Cheers guys! Considering the marine getting through the cupola, he manages it exactly the same way all modern tactical marines get through the various Rhino/Land raider chassis cupolas. Space Magic.

I get what you mean about uniformity Majkhel, I'll likely start personalizing them once the third is done, probably in a couple of days or so.

Thanks Captain Mike, they do seem to be working out nicely!

Managed to finish my third buggy (though I don't own a crewman for it yet) and added hazard markings to help differentiate them, since someone did mention they were a bit samey. Also painted up a crewman for the second with the lovely scanner.

Ideally I'll find the pointing bike rider torso to go with this third one.

2dWjrEB.jpg
gQbLX3V.jpg
T1DEEqZ.jpg

With luck the quads should arrive soon, though understandably postage from Australia to the UK isn't the fastest! I already have one quad rider ready to be adjusted to fit, the medic - still need to acquire the techmarine with bolt pistol rider for the last quad.

After those there's just 1 buggy to go, so I'm getting there which is pretty exciting.

This feels like an Oldhammer mini since it's also Bob Naismith, but it's from the Cobalt-1 line of models. Got this guy a very long time ago and found him whilst digging out the minis for my RT marine project. As such he's now painted up as an Adeptus Mechanicus-esque person. He'll get a couple of robots in the same scheme and be an ally for my marines.

PmVo3e3.jpg
0nULNit.jpg

bBc7Xza.jpg

You are a speed demon of brush painting in my book, man! 4 vehicles with crew and over 20 infantry models in 2 weeks is no small a feat.
Those hazard stripes are well executed (and some in difficult places too) and look really good.

That last model is a fantastic sculpt!
However think it differs too much in aesthetics, while simultaneously it's painting scheme is almost identical. I would paint him noticeably different from the marines' force. How about some sacred martian red? As he is now, there's nothing that would denote him as Mechanicum.

Cheers, I was fairly pleased with how the stripes came out.

Well, it's white rather than grey and doesn't share the same spot colours but fair enough. For me, his astronaut aesthetic denotes him as mechanicum, but he'll be getting a pair of chunky robot friends at some point which will no doubt make it clearer. I didn't want to go red because red is very common for them and it doesn't particularly appeal.

I'm finally free from painting Ridgerunners, as the 4th is now done. Still need crew, but soon hopefully.

zFYBBDL.jpg

Now I just need to wait for the 2 quadbikes to arrive and obtain the mounted Techpriest as well as two more suitable crew and the base army project is done!

To expand I'll be painting up, at some point, 2 robots, up to 5 more C100's (of which I own 3), and if I can get hold of any, the other 5 techmarines on foot. SHould all that be managed, then I'll consider the flyer and maybe other ways to expand. Essentially though, just 2 quad bikes away from 'done'.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers! It feels like it's been a while eh? I've recently been painting some fantasy chaotic warband members and a Blood Bowl team whilst waiting for the last bits of this army to arrive, and everything has now with the exception of a rider techmarine with pistol who I still need to source. However as I finished the BB team, it's partially back to these guys and I did at the least get a second quadbike painted today -

Oul2aVp.jpg

The medic rider's waiting for his turn on the painting bench and after him there's just 1 quad (and rider if I can nab one) left to go and this army is essentially 'done', though there are 4 more marines I could add...

Edited by Xanthier

Those all look really nice - I like how the stripes turned out on the buggies and helps them look different without making them look too different.  I think you should do some similar striping on the quads as well.