The Cult Infestation...

Axineton

So my gaming club has been bitten by the necromunda bug and there’s quite a lot of interest. Lots of enforcer players by the looks of it and a few other gangs. However I like the GSC in kill team and would like to bring them to Munda, so just wondering how good they are and if anyone has tried them and can offer some tips to a complete necromunda noob. 

I have ordered a box of orlocks to convert to GSC that should arrive today. But I have a few neophytes and acolytes to play around with too. 

Edited by Axineton

If you have pre-existing genestealer cult or chaos cultist minis, they are ready to go out of the box.

As for "how good they are," that is one of my most despised questions when it comes to Necromunda. If you have a good arbitrator and they're doing their job, then it doesn't matter how "good" a gang is: the arbitrator has the tools to level the playing field for the underdog.

Have fun and enjoy the narrative.

If you have pre-existing genestealer cult or chaos cultist minis, they are ready to go out of the box.

As for "how good they are," that is one of my most despised questions when it comes to Necromunda. If you have a good arbitrator and they're doing their job, then it doesn't matter how "good" a gang is: the arbitrator has the tools to level the playing field for the underdog.

Have fun and enjoy the narrative.

You're not wrong, but you are assuming that everyone plays like you. "How good are they?" is a perfectly valid question for players who only play Necromunda using the Skirmish rules, or who don't have a campaign Arbitrator to balance things.

I play a skirmish/campaign hybrid style of Necromunda and I'm just about to finish the latest 'adventure' against a Genestealer Cult. My Escher gang has been kicked all over the Underhive by xenos infected filth. I've found that they're more than capable of giving anyone a good kickin' and they're great fun to play with and against.

We're both very narrative focused though so your experience may vary.

If you like a good ol' narrative yarn you can read all about it here: https://castigatorschaos.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Black%20Legacy-A%20Necromunda%20adventure

Well I’m up for using GSC and I’ve just started converting an Orlock gang into a GSC infested gang. Be a while before I get round to actually building them and painting them all but here’s one for now that I built today. 

wrszInbh.jpg

Well I’m up for using GSC and I’ve just started converting an Orlock gang into a GSC infested gang. Be a while before I get round to actually building them and painting them all but here’s one for now that I built today. 

wrszInbh.jpg

Where did you get that head?

wrszInbh.jpg

It’s in the neophyte kit I think.

Having played my cult a fair bit (albeit mostly under the old rules) the main thing that threw me was how BAD Genecults are at melee. Stick to sneaking around and shooting and you should do well, especially beware the melee mining weapons that are overpriced junk, though the mining laser is hilarious :) 

wrszInbh.jpg

It’s in the neophyte kit I think.

It comes with the GSC upgrade sprue mate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve rebased this dude on a 32mm necromunda base so it fits in with the rest of the gang. I just need to build 6 more then I’ll start priming them. 

got a game tomorrow at a friends house but I’m using proper GSC until he gets his campaign up and running. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good mate, love the Icon bearer :tu:

Your gang has got me thinking, I got a box of Cawdor a few months ago and had tons of fun building them, I have been looking for an excuse to pick up a second box and I might mix in some spare Genestealer bits I have kicking about. Yay more toys for me!!!

I also want to get a box of Orlocks as they were my first proper gang back in the olden days of 'Munda and the new plastics do look damn fine indeed. I could get two boxes actually and throw some in with my Cawdor cult. Some Delaque would look good mixed in too... So many ideas, so little money. :(

Cheers mate. Yeah the GSC upgrade sprue worked a treat on these Orlocks. I do have a Cawdor box unopened myself but I’m going with pure Cawdor for them. Be good to see if you do add GSC heads to yours and see the results. 

Next up for these is a priming for the ones that need it and then the paint queue. 

Edited by Axineton