Hoped for weapon expansions.

Taxidermied

You could actually abstract the boarding parties as damage to one location or another.

Wouldn't need new terminals that way.

I would think that boarding parties don't really do anything except for body and head impacts sense those are the only sections with crew compartments(at least not until we get to some extremely huge Titans like the Imperator), otherwise the pod would just act as a normal melee weapon, perhaps even a sub par one.

that would make for an interesting dynamic for boarding claws/fists/pods; you deal minimal damage unless you hit the right locations, perhaps even make an additional grapple check to dispense the troops, but if you do, especially if it's directly into the Head, you've basically taken the Titan out of commission right then and there.

another old thing I would love to see brought back, the carapace mounted landing pads, perhaps these could be reworked into a runway that spans across the Warlord's shoulders, I just love the idea of making a Titan into a walking aircraft carrier. though this is obviously more fit as something that fits better for after AT develops into a new version of Epic, or some sort of weird side-by-side cross play system between AT and AI.

Grav and neutron weapons do seem like they could fit into cool niches. Maybe less so volkite but I'd still like to see titan-grade CHOOM.

Things I'd love to see, beyond what's already been suggested:

8) Magaera/Stryx loadouts for Questoris Knights, and Atrapos for Cerastus (yes, I know unofficial fan rules exist).  The thought of sending a Banner of lascutters chasing after someone's Warlord is wicked fun :smile.:

The Atrapos is glorious. I want to see that thing as a distressingly potent titan short-range titan killer, something nastier than a lancer, something that lives up to its background reputation. It should be the "oh god get it away from me" of the game.

I'd agree with the calls for more siege weaponry. A wrecking ball is a little too OTT for me but a massive drill or some heavy lascutter variant would be cool. I'm imagining the laser pummel artillery piece from the old Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds game, their rough equivalent to the battering ram from regular Age of Empires

The tricky thing is finding the use for them. The idea of titans as giant siege weapons is a cool one but I'm not sure AT as it stands is really set up for sieges or fortification-centric missions. It wouldn't square that easily with the game of manoeuvre, to my mind. Maybe this is something for the eventual Epic launch?

I'd agree with the calls for more siege weaponry. A wrecking ball is a little too OTT for me but a massive drill or some heavy lascutter variant would be cool. I'm imagining the laser pummel artillery piece from the old Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds game, their rough equivalent to the battering ram from regular Age of Empires

Oh god what a blast from the past! Think I have that on Steam now... I agree on the Atrapos that thing would be great in AT!

You could actually abstract the boarding parties as damage to one location or another.

Internal crits? The problem is that titans don’t have much in the way of empty internal space, a boarding missile would mostly likely crash into a reactor or just mechanical bits. Titans don’t have big hallways or corridors like ships, their torsos are relatively small compared to their height and packed with worky bits. It’s still cool to picture though. :)

Grav and neutron weapons do seem like they could fit into cool niches. Maybe less so volkite but I'd still like to see titan-grade CHOOM.

Things I'd love to see, beyond what's already been suggested:

8) Magaera/Stryx loadouts for Questoris Knights, and Atrapos for Cerastus (yes, I know unofficial fan rules exist).  The thought of sending a Banner of lascutters chasing after someone's Warlord is wicked fun :smile.:

The Atrapos is glorious. I want to see that thing as a distressingly potent titan short-range titan killer, something nastier than a lancer, something that lives up to its background reputation. It should be the "oh god get it away from me" of the game.

The tricky thing is finding the use for them. The idea of titans as giant siege weapons is a cool one but I'm not sure AT as it stands is really set up for sieges or fortification-centric missions. It wouldn't square that easily with the game of manoeuvre, to my mind. Maybe this is something for the eventual Epic launch?

The Dream is still for them to release separate sets for the Mechanicum (Styrix & Megaera) Questoris Knights, the Atrapos Cerastus & the Acastus Knight Asterius and bundling them all into a 'Mechanicum Knight Battleforce' alongside the re-stocked Knight Battleforce box

Of course, if they ever make Armiger & Armiger Moirax sets, stick them in there too :happy.:

I do actually think having Armigers would be a great addition, currently the cheapest knight banner you can get sits at 100 points, and having a (admittedly very fragile) 2 mini-knight banner to fill small gaps in army lists could be pretty fun

Internal crits? The problem is that titans don’t have much in the way of empty internal space, a boarding missile would mostly likely crash into a reactor or just mechanical bits. Titans don’t have big hallways or corridors like ships, their torsos are relatively small compared to their height and packed with worky bits. It’s still cool to picture though. :smile.:

Not a bad thought - boarding parties could cause a crit WITHOUT doing damage.

The occurrences of boarding that I can remember targeted the crew in the head. Perhaps a boarding attack could remoe repair dice as they kill the servitor clades and attendant tech-priest?

Also, regarding siege warfare, the last mission in the new book involves destroying a 25 structure point structure.

Edited by Beren

The occurrences of boarding that I can remember targeted the crew in the head. Perhaps a boarding attack could remoe repair dice as they kill the servitor clades and attendant tech-priest?

Also, regarding siege warfare, the last mission in the new book involves destroying a 25 structure point structure.

In one of the books ("Titanicus" from Abnett IIRC?) troops scaled the legs of a titan and broke into the torso then the cockpit; a moderatii grabbed a shotgun from a locker to protect the princeps.  The boarding launcher should be a giant ballista that flings a terminator with magnetic clamps at an enemy titan and hope he survives the sudden stop. 

Edited by Fajita Fan

Iirc the Corvus assault pod for warlords in epic allowed you to deploy 4 stands of terminators into a building. If it was occupied they fought against the occupiers to take the terrain. They couldn’t be used to board an opposing titan.

Yeah, this was why I was thinking of Thallax or Ursarax from the 30K reboot FW has done - terminator-sized, jump pack-equipped combat servitors ripping through the crew hatches of a Reaver or Warlord would be terrifying for the crew inside (the Titandeath novel does a good job of playing that out).

Something I forgot, too - way back in the day, AT had a power ram Warlord weapon.  Not that the Arioch isn't powerful enough, but a siege ram is definitely going to put another Titan on its' butt :wink:

As for the comments above about boarding crews inflicting body or head damage, totally agree.  It could be balanced down to be something more like a Warp Missile - you get one use and it's most likely going to inflict devastating or critical damage (2 hits/roll twice?), maybe only can be used against Body or Head locations.  Would require a lot to go off (getting a CQB Warlord in base to base), but if your Arioch didn't finish your opponent, the boarding troops definitely would.

As for Jump Packs for titans... <shudder> a Warlord pulling off a DFA would be scary.  That said, it might be an interesting upgrade for a Warhound or a Rapier maybe?  Really hoping the Rapier's on the WIP list for AT this year.

Edited by Armiger84

What about actual fortification rules? Boarding missiles or rams would be a cool way for a Warlord to close in and do critical damage to a bastion the way terminators teleporting in BFG worked. You could swoop in with a battle barge (as much as they “swooped” LoL) and do internal critical damage with termies.

So, I've had a chance to read Imperator:Wrath of the Omnissiah, and there are some interesting nuggets. One is a Warrior class Titan, whose armour and shields are equivalent to a Reaver. One of it's weapons loadouts includes a plasma weapon of some description. Another is that there is a Warlord whose head has been replaced with a Deathstrike siege cannon, with the command crew relocated to a carapace command tower.