The Rubicon and Iron Hands

Aothaine

So, does the Rubicon replace all missing parts? From what I've read it repairs and adds new organs as such. If it does this do the Iron Hands have newly emerged Primaris Marines go straight from the vat to the medic to have their left hand chopped off? What about all the other replaced parts? Do they keep them and cut out the parts to re-use those old bionic bits?

What do you all think?

In ancient fluff, yes, back in Rogue Trader I believe.

As for the Rubicon, the stories are that Marines that are almost dead go in and come out alive, nothing's said that they get miraculously healed. It doesn't even repair scar tissue, per Spears of the Emperor, so it definitely doesn't regrow limbs.

During the Battle of Macragge against the Tyranids, Calgar stood his ground on Cold Steel Ridge against horde of xenos attackers. But the Tyranids were too many, and his body was rent and torn. Calgar faced down the Swarmlord, but due to his injuries was no match for the beast. Before he could be finished off, he was rescued by his fellow Ultramarines.

That doesn't necessarily mean he has bionic parts, though. 

It was stated he lost his arms and legs against the Swarmlord.

That being said, we don't know his limbs status. We DO know he's likely got at least one bionic arm again after his duel with Abaddon on Vigilus, because Abaddon cut one of the Gauntles of Ultramar off his arm.

The Rubicon Primaris and how it reacts to the Marine's bodies.... I think it might regrow limbs? It's certainly implied to completely redo their skeletal structure.

The Rubicon can only do so much... don’t get greedy like the lil piggy. :biggrin.:

lol :p It is all good. Us Iron Hands know how to get 120% from our machine spirits. Maybe we can modify it to add a few mechanical parts to our Primaris. Have them come out proper.

• 1 month later...

The Rubicon can only do so much... don’t get greedy like the lil piggy. :D

lol :p It is all good. Us Iron Hands know how to get 120% from our machine spirits. Maybe we can modify it to add a few mechanical parts to our Primaris. Have them come out proper.

Then cut off the offending parts.

I have corrected your error brother ;)

Edited by PJ1933

I believe going through the Rubicon does replace missing parts? In Spears of the Emperor it was used to rebuild the destroyed body of an Astartes Captain.

Marneus was indeed missing all 4 of his limbs, I suspect they are back now.

Edited by Ishagu

Marneus is still missing his eye though, as has been mentioned before. Same with the injuries he sustained from duking it out with Abaddon.

As for Amadeus' recovery in Spear of the Emperor, he was still whole. It's "just" that his entire body was carefully mutilated to the point of uselessness, which is something that his ascension seems to have fixed.

I think fixing what remains of an Astartes' body is the extent of the rubicon's abilities. I wish we knew exactly how extensive the injuries of Master Lazarus were - that would have provided a clearer picture.