PA6: Saga of the Beast Discussion

Kaldoth

Why not both? Hopefully we get a strat for giving another character a warlord trait, so we can have both if these beastly characters spitting hot death.

Why not both? Hopefully we get a strat for giving another character a warlord trait, so we can have both if these beastly characters spitting hot death.

I intend to :D they can be in competition to see who can drop the most knights :D

I just thought of another possibly silly combination. With the stratagem that allows you to roll 2 D3 and pick the highest for shots on Lootas and burnas, it makes a very compelling case for taking smaller units of 8 plus a spanner. Take a unit of 8 burnas and a spanner plus a big mek with KFF and throw them in a Chinork. The ability to get more reliable hit dice out of the Burnas makes a Chinork possibly a very high reward delivery platform. Definitely high risk, but a 16" move and an auto 8" advance means if you get turn one, you're definitely going to be hitting something with those burnas in the shooting phase :D And with the number of hits being more reliable, that seems like it might be worth giving a go.

90259747_2580108825643074_78048692581097

Warbosses are back, boyz.

That's basically all I've wanted, distilled into one strategem. Auto take, every game.

The Warboss being so squishy from AP being so damn prevalent has been the big lug's issue non-stop. Can always usually get some good krumping in for a turn, then he gets iced by a slew of AP -1, -2 fire or some AP -3, -4 just outright stripping him bare.

I just really wish they had included Speedboss (Wartrike) in that stratagem. The Wartrike tends to be speeding ahead of footsloggers, becoming a particularly easy target if the bikes it is going with make the charge but it doesn't.

I just really wish they had included Speedboss (Wartrike) in that stratagem. The Wartrike tends to be speeding ahead of footsloggers, becoming a particularly easy target if the bikes it is going with make the charge but it doesn't.

Considering to get a free kustom job without a strategem, you need that Mek Shop they've been trying to push for years, I suspect they'll put some love in for the speed freaks kits.  They haven't forgotten about them I feel.

Considering to get a free kustom job without a strategem, you need that Mek Shop they've been trying to push for years, I suspect they'll put some love in for the speed freaks kits. They haven't forgotten about them I feel.

Seconded. Not long to find out!

I looted my mek shop for my gorkanaut... Oops

I’m very pleased to see the return of Feral Boyz and Madboyz! :D

I’ve wanted to make some of the latter and thought that, for narrative games, you could just roll a D6 to see which clan trait they had that turn, for a simple rule. I’m interested to see what rules they get.

Tell us more lord Caerolion!

I'm setting up a detachment each of goffs, death skulls and evil sunz.

Sunz (bikes, trukk boyz, koptas and a buggy) and death skulls (dread mob, burnas, grots) should be fun. Goffs seem to be hordes of Boyz... That sounds as inspiring as their colour scheme :p

Any thoughts on a more interesting Goff lot or is that my lot?!

Not looking at competitive, it's all about the flavour :D

I've just always loved the Orks, and had this idea in my head for ages, never gotten around to actually starting an army of them (partly because I'm not a massive fan of the basic Ork Boy models).

Basically, he's a Deathskull warlord, who had the genius idea of renaming himself Bluefist, spelled exactly the way it appears. Why? Because now he goes around with his grot attendants carrying pots of blue paint, slamming his fist against things he likes, and when other Orks ask why he's stealing from them he's able to correctly respond "but it'z got me name on it, dunnit!"

Also planning a conversion of his Weirdboy, Skarbog Badbreff, who breathed in a bit too much Warp energy when fighting the Death Guard, and now has a few cheeky Nurglings taking up residence inside him.

I've just always loved the Orks, and had this idea in my head for ages, never gotten around to actually starting an army of them (partly because I'm not a massive fan of the basic Ork Boy models).

Basically, he's a Deathskull warlord, who had the genius idea of renaming himself Bluefist, spelled exactly the way it appears. Why? Because now he goes around with his grot attendants carrying pots of blue paint, slamming his fist against things he likes, and when other Orks ask why he's stealing from them he's able to correctly respond "but it'z got me name on it, dunnit!"

Also planning a conversion of his Weirdboy, Skarbog Badbreff, who breathed in a bit too much Warp energy when fighting the Death Guard, and now has a few cheeky Nurglings taking up residence inside him.

Look forward to seeing the project :D sounds great!

I love the burna strat, I have burnas planned, 12 burna boyz in a truck driveby. Thats 12d6 auto hit burna shots. Sure it s a one trick suicide squad but will certainly pull off some hurt if used at the right time. To be able to reroll any or all of those 12 dice is amazing. I will be using this strat. And burnas are cheap (probably because they DO suck) so these guys should usually make their points back. 

I think you got a little over excited.....   Burnas don't work like that. It's 1d3. with a reroll, Roll that 1 time for the number of shots for the whole unit. 

To be fair I had to double check. Scorchas is where you would get several D6 with rerolls if such a unit could/can use this ability.

The reroll to wound in melee is very cool though.

The flying headbutt is kinda weird, would have been really useful in my last good list that had 4 bombers in it. I see it more of a my flyer will die in the next round and I am out of bombs situation, more than a life goal.

I did indeed get too excited, and yes got them confused with the scorcha stat line. Even so it is still not bad at all. That is still 12,24,36 auto wounds with rerolls. I will take it. 

Well, surely it'd be 11d3's? Since one of them has to be a spanner and they can't take "normal" weapons

Yes it would be 11d3's as there would be a spanner in there.

I'll have to read and reread all of these rules, I never put spanners in those mobs and I'll need to see what I would arm them with. 

12 Nobs with combi scorchas should be able to use the pyromaniac strat, then you can get the 1d6, you lose the spanner but you still get to reroll hits. That starts getting pricey points wise though. Also kind of negates the suicide squad concept, big difference between 11 burna boyz at 10 points and a nob w/ combi weapon. An interesting concept. I am just running some different combinations through my brain, some thought exercises. 

Love the new warboss strat. I like the orkimatic pistons too, I field a decent amount of deff dreads and kans. Though I am now 86ing the kans as they are terrible this edition and this edition of the codex. Cannot justify them for the cost, moving to 2 more dreads instead of the kans.