Shadow and Iron supplement discussion

RedFurioso

Mordaxis are purple and black? Where's that pic from Marshall Loss? I'm stuck between those guys and Infernus now (Tempestus have dropped to third haha).

Somebody posted it in the main AT group on Facebook (along with a few other schemes from the book) and then deleted them all shortly afterwards, but I'd already done my traditional manly squeal-and-send to LetsYouDown at that point so the image remains. Hopefully some video reviews pop up soon 

Another notable scheme was Legio Oberon, who look more tiger than Legio Fureans

So what is that new lance weapon?

Goonhammer covers it: it’s a S4 Warhound weapon but if it scores a Direct Hit or better the target Titan immediately takes the Shutdown order (which automatically clears during the End Phase).

Edited by wildweasel

I'm really glad the Arcus maniple gets around the Warbringer quake cannon's lack of the Barrage trait, allowing it to work like a proper artillery Titan (along with indirect firing secondary weapons!) - I'll definitely be building one with some dual-turbolaser Warhounds as long-range spotters

I'm really glad the Arcus maniple gets around the Warbringer quake cannon's lack of the Barrage trait, allowing it to work like a proper artillery Titan (along with indirect firing secondary weapons!) - I'll definitely be building one with some dual-turbolaser Warhounds as long-range spotters

Better yet, run it under Praesagius and their long-range bonuses. It’s like they were made for this maniple.

Ruptura looks great for Vulpa... quake things into place for speedy Reavers? Yes, please. And now I get to use Shock Lances and Ursus Claws alongside S9 disruption emitter smash attacks on my Warhounds!? Part of my brain is screaming “bad idea,” the other, “best idea...”

And Mordaxis appears to be a little further along the Nurgle road than Mortis; due to the Word Bearers influence? Cool rules, though. The real winner of the venom blasts is a Mordaxis Nemesis Warbringer, as it could amp its puny arm Reaver Volcano Cannon(s) into 5” and possibly even indirect fire that alongside its carapace mount in a Mordaxis Arcus maniple. And it looks like the Warbringer has the reactor of the Warlord to be able to handle this. Double-plas Warhounds might be worth a thought, too? I'm not sure if the Toxin Nodes are per Titan or per weapon, but if it's the former then you can unleash 4 5" blasts at S7 (S9 on Maximal Fire) from a Warhound clocking in at only 265 points. Downside, you only go 8", ever.

Edited by LetsYouDown

I'm increasingly thinking that Audax are going to be a big deal, feels like they'll shake up the game quite a bit. Their maniple letting them swarm/denied flank/whatever the opponent early on (especially when combined with their initial cover bonus), the fact that they can always form squadrons even outside their maniple, the fact that they'll inevitably outnumber the enemy, the troll-y nonsense they can get up to with their ursus claws and the shock lances, all this makes for a pretty fast-paced and aggressive sort of playstyle, above and beyond what we've seen before. Looking forward to it.

Very happy, as well, to see that all legions have access to ursus claws, even if not with the bonus that Audax has. Once the FW kits come out, this will probably push me into getting more warhounds...

Also this supplement shows, as though more evidence were needed, that the AT designers have a startling talent for making colour schemes that in theory sound like tacky garbage look very, very good.

Edited by Sandlemad

Have been think about starting a Mortis force for my traitor Legio as Nurgle is my Chaos God of choice. But I didn’t want yet another red based army. So Mordaxis is perfect for me. Once the decals arrive, I’m there. Anyone know what the name and scheme is for their linked Knight House?

The Psi-Titan has the ability to be a Maniple killer if its lucky... That 700pts+ premium is scary.

Yes, they've certainly taken the costing steps to ensure you won't see many of these on the field.

It'll take some testing and adjustment to see if it's "worth it." (Fun testing I might add...)

Might be a tangent, but is it clear how a significant number of ordo sinister titans end up on the opposite side of the ruin-storm? The HH book 8 fluff indicated there were only two or three dozen in existence, so a significant portion of them must be fighting in the crusade of iron from what I've heard. Or the designers simply wanted to shoehorn in psi-titans, who knows...

The fluff for psi titans in shadow and iron says that the secrecy around the Legio means no source of information about them can really be trusted. This is how GW generally likes to write fluff about the heresy nowadays.

Basically we know about one delivery of warlords to Sinister. We don’t know if that’s the only delivery they ever took, if warlords were the only titans ever delivered or even, I think, if Sinister were the only Psi-Titan Legio. We do know that the Emperor, the Custodes and Malcador did a bunch of stuff without telling anyone, including (or especially) the Primarchs. And the galaxy is a big place.

So that allows FW to maybe bring out a warbringer with the psi gun thing on its roof or whatever, and it lets us paint our models how we want. Nobody’s ever heard of orange Psi-Titans? They were never meant to.

Ain't that the truth. GW writing is at its best when things are hinted at and left mysterious, as constraining a huge galaxy full of mysteries and vast distances to reliable facts and soap opera characters is never as powerful as the audience imagination let run rampant. That's where the players can step in and fill their games with wonder and creativity, like thus far unknown orange psi-titan formations.

So that allows FW to maybe bring out a warbringer with the psi gun thing on its roof or whatever, and it lets us paint our models how we want. Nobody’s ever heard of orange Psi-Titans? They were never meant to.

Heh-heh. I was thinking of Ivory with some deep red accents for my Tabula Rasa :wink: