Adeptus Titanicus: convince me to play

BolterZorro

I wouldn’t leave home without a plasma annihilator on at least one warlord usually. It’s just so damn flexible, with only the relatively short range hampering it. Need to crack Armour? Maximal Plasma! Voids? Yeah it can help. The final death blow? Four targeted shots.

When it comes to a full load out I suggested looking at what complements each other. Some weapons have an optimum condition they want to be in and can be hampered by trying to get another into its idea position. For example a quake cannon wants to be ideally sat at long range to avoid the hit penalty. A macro gatling loves the sweet short range bonus for targeted shots for shredding compromises targets. Much better to pair the quake with a volcano and stand back, while the gatling gets an annihilator as it’s buddy and can spend a turn or two closing range. Artillery warlords want missiles up top for long range shield shredding before they drop the pie plates. Even on a close range brawler I don’t think you can go wrong with the missiles. Cheap and effective, the paired gatlings may out perform them once in range, but the missiles may get an extra round or two of shooting in as you close.

You're probably right but seeing:

1.the most recent battle reports

2. the new AT units

3. the new books (and in fact all the books

it seems that the warlords are not always a must have, making the new starter set an even better deal. Don't read me wrong, I love those big beasts, but strategically, if the table has enough decors, it seems that  movment>fire power . In addition, we see several builds with many reavers, "hordes" of warhounds (even hordes of knights). I think that the psi-warlord and even more the new Warbringer Nemesis Titan will add some interesting things to the game (especially the later which can be equiiped with all reaver arm weapons...)

Apologies that I’m not always the clearest of people. I sometimes forget that people cannot hear my inner monologue while reading my posts lol. I agree that a warlord isn’t a must have, I based my post on you mentioning you didn’t want one hanging around the backfield and because I think that of the current classes they are the easiest to make a poor load out decision with. They have the widest spread of weapon types (not necessarily individual guns, more the tactical variety) and some just don’t gel with each other.

That said if someone wants to run a dual fist angry boy sprinting up the field red lining it’s reactor I say more power to you. Regardless of outcome he’s going to be a load of fun as everyone scatters trying to avoid him.

Reavers are fantastically flexible. Most of their weapons are intended for mid to close range and even the longer ranged ones are just as effective at those ranges. I think the only mistake that can be made with them is dual volcano or trying to build a backfield support one. These boys are the guys who get stuff done and have all the tools between good movement and some seriously vicious guns.

Reavers are fantastically flexible. Most of their weapons are intended for mid to close range and even the longer ranged ones are just as effective at those ranges. I think the only mistake that can be made with them is dual volcano or trying to build a backfield support one. These boys are the guys who get stuff done and have all the tools between good movement and some seriously vicious guns.

That makes me think that the upcoming new titan will be even better especially because he can loads out all reavers arms weamons. (And it looks awesome btw)

You're probably right but seeing:

1.the most recent battle reports

2. the new AT units

3. the new books (and in fact all the books

it seems that the warlords are not always a must have, making the new starter set an even better deal. Don't read me wrong, I love those big beasts, but strategically, if the table has enough decors, it seems that  movment>fire power . In addition, we see several builds with many reavers, "hordes" of warhounds (even hordes of knights). I think that the psi-warlord and even more the new Warbringer Nemesis Titan will add some interesting things to the game (especially the later which can be equiiped with all reaver arm weapons...)

I'm a big fan or Reaver & Warhound Maniples.

The Reavers are big enough to bring down Warlords, but more mobile, and the Warhounds can flank and/or handle Knight Banners.

For magnetizing: all the Warlord weapons and Reaver carapace weapons are designed for magnets, with recess for 5x1mm disc magnets. Reaver and Warhound arm weapons do take a bit of cutting and drilling, but are still pretty straightforward.

For the “everyone is using the same army” thing: Legio and maniple selections can result in forces that play *very* differently. The core game engine is actually pretty straightforward (I sold it to my partner in part by describing it as Kill Team but with more detail on how models act and take damage). What makes it shine is that it’s very robust and the way base stats of Titan class, weapons, maniples, and Legios can all interacts creates a lot of emergent interactions and depth.

@BolterZorro: have a look at the pictures I added to my thread. It is not a 4x4 battlefield but it can give you and idea. As always, I am combining plastic components with foamboard, cardboard and other stuff.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5477070

That’s about right. Missiles on a Warlord’s roof are never really a bad choice. Their +1 to hit bonus at long range means you can even get engine kills with them by sending accurate targeted shots at structurally compromised locations.

Gatlings are probably the next most ubiquitous option. That extra point of strength makes a very significant difference when firing at armour, and especially knights. S5 does 50% more damage when you need a 9 for a direct hit, against questoris or cerastus knights. You could even hurt an Acastus if you can get near it.

Edited by Mandragola

You guys convinced another Princeps to pick up the mantle! Not sure about how much of a scene there is around here (Ocala Florida) but I am going to make myself travel to get some giant robot battles in. Bought myself Shadow and Iron for now, and as soon as I move mid-March I will be ordering the new boxed set!

Thinking Legio Lysanda so far, haven't seen much fluff for them but the little bit I have is interesting. anyone have any info on them?