Astartes Doctrinal Rule Changes

9x19 Parabellum

As an Ultramarine player for 25+ years,now solely Primaris since thier release I have enjoyed the Doctrine system. The flexibility it has brought my forces has allowed for more variety in my games. I'm not simply waiting to lose.

I readily admit to camping in the Tactical phase turn 2 on, seeing no reason to leave it.

This new ruling forcing us to cycle through the stages is good, it will shake up my list building and bring new interactions to my games.

Accounting for late game assault dominance is a welcome challenge.

This hurts me against my most frequent opponent (my wife).

Her Blood Angels want to get to Assault ASAP and she runs very character heavy lists. My Raven Guard are going to have a hard time against her now. Not that they weren't already, but still.

It's certainly fair to say that the developers didn't intend for the players to lock in whatever doctrine was best for them but they surely wouldn't take away the option unless it was causing problems. --there were definitely problems-- It's also fair to be annoyed when your toys get taken away. To be %100 clear i believe something had to be done and the solutions that GW presented were probably the most elegant because of there sweeping and simple nature. Those solutions do make my IH landspeeders (which i love for no good reason) a lot less rad :( all in all it's no biggie, I've been playing those speeders since 3rd ed and I'll keep doing so but I was enjoying them being kinda good for the first time:)

The only issue I really have with this is I've just converted up a "command squad" of Veteran Intercessors with Stalker Rifles to accompany my Iron Hands Successor Chapter Master. Guess I'm not getting mobile sniper rifles now. Oh well.

I mean, you still could. With full rerolls, hitting on 4s is only about 15% worse than hitting on 3s.

It's usually wiser to reroll all misses. ;)

Lol

Yeah I’ve been fishing for Mortal Wounds with Eliminators a lot recently. Should have been “to hit” :)

It's usually wiser to reroll all misses. ;)

Lol

Yeah I’ve been fishing for Mortal Wounds with Eliminators a lot recently. Should have been “to hit” :)

That's usually a terrible idea.