Thoughts for new races/Factions in 40K

Given that Games Workshop keeps hammering on their overall importance in the story but rather lackluster model number of models, it pretty much has to be a Chaos army.

Lost and Damned was already suggested by @SufficientAnonymity , but the thing I really want to see is the Dark Mechanicum. 

Many non-Imperium players feel their chosen faction(s) are shafted enough as it is. Even within the Imperium support is hit and miss. I really want a World Eaters codex, but I might actually be better off if GW made a core Chaos Space Marines codex that was more flexible and allowed you to create your own army special rules.

That said, there certainly is some level of demand for new models that don't necessarily fit in existing ranges. What if GW released mini-lines that are intended from the get-go to be 'counts as'? They can release a few squat characters, a squat infantry box, and then some upgrade sprues for existing vehicles and bam, you've got Squats that can be proxied for anything in the Imperial Guard Codex using GW plastic. It isn't a huge risk and they can easily discontinue it because players won't be expecting ongoing rules support. The same can easily done for Tau and Eldar... perhaps even power-armor armies.

No, no, no. No 'Imperial Schism'. That would be stupid. Gathering Storm and aftermath have already massively shafted the Imperium overall, we don't need 'Horus Hertesy/Age of Apostasy 2: Electric Boogaloo' when the galaxy's split in half, every planet ever mentioned as being important seems to have a Genestealer Cult, Chaos is rampaging at levels not seen since the Heresy, the biggest Ork Waaagh since Ullanor is brewing, Hive Fleets all over the place etc.

As for actual 'new factions'? World Eaters and Emperor's Children. After getting separate dexes for Sons and DG, rounding out equal treatment for all 4 Cult Legions should really be prioritised before anything else novel.

So the universe is being correctly portrayed and described.

Good to see.

I would agree, WE and EC would be much appreciated at this time.

The problem with Squats is firstly how bad/generic a lot of their initial stuff was, (outside of epic which was at least less bad) and secondly that Gene cults have taken a lot of their USP's with their miners and bikers etc which leaves them very little design space to work with, if they ever came back i think theyd be vastly changed/evolved away from their original incarnations. I worked with some folks on a Corporate/Cyberpunk/Yakuza inspired rework yeeeaers ago that sort of thing might work.

Kroot or Exodites would be a nice fresh start, unsquatting Corsairs or D-99 after FW abandoned them would be nice too, with something like the AOS mini factions maybe, like 3-5 releases and then expand them if they resonate with folks.

Id do Sisters of Silence though, theres a topic in the Imperial Agents forum that goes into more depth on that ;)  

Kroot.

A full-fledged Kroot Codex with plenty of options and new units. 

Main focus on melee but with some shooting and infiltration elements. 

Big centrepiece models (Great Knarlocs) accompanied by lots of strange Kroots in different forms. 

Nice contrast between the feral nature of the Kroot and the iper technological Tau weaponry they wield.

dciyy2d-a987a3bc-c0c4-4f9b-8a0e-2f49d6f8

Yes please. If not a full-on Krootdex, I'd atleast like a Tau auxiliary codex. Some Gue'vesa, Kroot, Vespid, Demiurge, etc. Make it to where you can go mono-race, or a mixed force. I imagine this codex being the Tau equivalent to Genestealer Cults. A Tau auxilary codex would also be a great vehicle to bring in one-off xenos species

Given that Games Workshop keeps hammering on their overall importance in the story but rather lackluster model number of models, it pretty much has to be a Chaos army.

Lost and Damned was already suggested by @SufficientAnonymity , but the thing I really want to see is the Dark Mechanicum. 

I think the best route would be a all in one codex, with rules for mutant uprisings, cultists insurrections, traitor regiments, and Dark Mechanicus. The BSF Servants of the Abyss already do this, and I suspect that range will be the eventual kicking off point for a mortal Chaos force

Since they apparently mentioned plans for Kill Team, my real wish is that they use that game to its full cross platform potential. What I mean is that they could releae all of these new factions as Kill Teams; this makes it easy to give us a unit of Hrud, or Demiug or whatever, without needing to worry about risking multiple kits and a minidex for each.

When they did the GSC with the Kellermorph and the Amech with the Manipulus, they were on the right track, but they never followed through. If they're keeping Kill Team, they need to actually let it live up to its potential as a cross platform delivery system for new content, because Combat Patrol and Crusade will bury KT if they don't.

Now we know Blackstone is dying, but I've seen someone suggest that there could be a new Warhammer Quest premise unique to 9th. And I'd like to see that, because KT is the delivery agent for squads, but Warhammer Quest is the delivery system for characters.

So instead of risking a dex and small army release for any of these weird wonderfuls, just give us the squad as a KT and its HQ choice as an explorer in WHQ. This allows them to just grind out random craziness and see what strikes a chord.

It’s not really a new race and people that play don’t want to see another fantasy/AoS faction ported over. Look how popular is Tau .

Lizardmen would have been way better than tau. They would be like Astartes but dino super soldirrs. Plus dino soldiers would be an easy sell to the kids GW is attempting to bring in the game.

Imagine if EC drop with a unit of sonic marines and a conversion kit with helmets and shoulder pads for the current chaos kit...

Why would you say such vile and cruel things? :cry:
Something I heard. It would rustle my jimmies to be honest. Edited by Sete

Q´orl, or one of that creepy creatures from the art reveal from this days, but i want Q´orl , they supposed to have a great Empire but never have minis or new mention in the lore ( maybe yes but i never heard of it ) 

Edited by Sargeant Centurion

Honestly I would love to see them do a proper new main guard regiment (expecting full variants for all the regiments is expecting too much, but gives us the new cadia already. Even if that's still cadia.) Then using that as base, make proper genestealer cultist guard and traitor guard variants/upgrade kits. 

The current number of factions is already a product management nightmare. The announced increased production capacity will help, but the breadth and variety of product and potential product continues to leave customers unsatisfied.

Another faction would either be pure lore with no new product lines, which is pointless for selling product, or it would be yet another incomplete model line.

Either way, removing a faction or three would be a better choice, despite the fan rage that would result.

Maybea new race that can be used in AoS as well, or has models taken directly from AoS.

Honestly? I've said it before, but an Old One's Offshoot of cold blooded space lizards would be my preference.

There is no real reptilian representation in 40k. They have a huge amount of lore that could open up, and they have conflicts that make sense right out the door.

Wanting to fight Necrons, wanting to assert their command over the Eldar, and Orks, of any flavour. Wanting to seize the warp for their own purposes. Wanting to 'fix' mankind, a product they never got full control over in the first place, and something they'd see as a deviant aberration of their vision.

If a new Xenos faction would come, that's a purely Xenos faction, that'd be the one I'd want to see put into the game. Don't even make them like Lizardmen, take it in another direction for art style.

Maybe even make the Slyth their primitive descendants, and base them on snakes, instead of Dinosaurs. A species of serpents with psychic powers wanting to draw back all life under their 'grand plan'.