Loyalist/Traitor split Legios?

Xenith

Hi all,

I really like AT, and have the Christmas battleforce from last year, however havent got started on it yet.. I'll also likely get the getting started box with reavers, hounds and cerastus, mainly to get the rules, and because it's a great deal. 

What I do not want is multiple Legios/armies, etc, and would like a single, unified force if possible. The option to be able to split into two forces if a friend wanted to play would also be great. 

Are there any Legios that split into loyal and traitor factions in the Heresy, allowing for roughly similar schemes

There also apears to be loyalist/traitor only units, such as the Sinister Titan. Are there any more of these?

Thanks!

Xen

There are a few examples of splits. Some are currently explicit and relatively well-known, like Legio Tempestus, and others are inferred or based on older references. Off the top of my head, Legio Metalica splits and a portion falls to Khorne, and Legio Victorum has a split as well.

Currently the Sinister are the only faction locked units, though there are a bunch of stratagems limited by your allegiance.

The galaxy is a big place, however, and all larger organisations had portions of their forces on all sides (as well as jaded separationists).

This was my original plan, one paint scheme and use little (or bug) printed banners with eyes and Chaos stars to denote traitors. Of course my plans always seem to get derailed...I didn’t even end up with the two legions I had planned to do.

This is a great modeling and scheme opportunity to come up with something original if you’d like.

Thanks all! I was drawn to Xestiobax due to the unique scheme and kind of being loyal but fighting for the TS on Prospero. Wasn't aware of the splits in other legios, so that's good to know, especially Legio Tempestus/Tempestor. Them, Xestiobax and Naesseas are all schemes that caught my attention!