=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: The Iron Gauntlet

Dosjetka

So, three days to commit to this now that I have a little semblance of time from the COVID-19 Warp Jumps. Let's see if I can get Bronze and possibly a Silver!

I have a 8th Company Captain to actually build and paint for my Sons of Doom. He's called the "High Reaper" in their command structure... :biggrin.:

Cambrius

You can do it! Just have to buckle down and get to work.

Didn't manage to make gold standard, between handling a kid in lockdown and work exploding back into action. I also focused a little too hard on developing characters rather than getting a troops unit out of the way. Regardless, it's been fun to paint up yellow and dive into a different mindset within the Unforgiven. Looking forward to games, developing some datasheets and, outside of these challenges, going back to painting green!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362478-angels-of-penance-stormwing-in-m42-iron-guantlet-2020/

Well, cutting it super fine, but my vow is complete on the final day with only 2 days to do it!

Onto Challenge 3, not sure when I'll get a game in, but we'll see in the coming weeks. :)

Cambrius

Personally I think I'm going to take advantage of the option to switch the order of the Challenges, might make it easier to get a game the further I push it back?

So I'm starting the 'create a character' Challenge from today!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/738154314505256981/744948794831011941/image0.jpg

(The techpriest is hidden behind the banner—you can sort of see his axe)

Is the paint dry on the bases? Maybe not! Am I done! Yes!

On an official note, everyone who has not submitted a final closing picture has until 11:59PM EST today to submit. A tally of this challenge’s results will be ready by this tome next week (and if it’s not it probably won’t be—classes start then). Everyone’s work looks phenomenal.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

I'm going to start work on the character datasheet as well since I know who I'm going to do and luckily GW did most of the work for me already.

As for the battle report I have a force in mind I just have to get someone to face it. Unfortunately currently I only have two people I can face right now. It would be neater if I could get this as a pick up game.

Edited by Focslain

I'm going to start work on the character datasheet as well since I know who I'm going to do and luckily GW did most of the work for me already. On that note, does the datasheet have to game legal or can we added in a special rule or two?

Datasheet may include custom rules, statlines, etc. Feel free to make whatever changes to a datasheet you like.

Here's my crosspost.

And here are all of the knights I've done for the second challenge.

20200811 182559

Garrison lance:
Knight Paladin
Armigar Warglaive
(I also did finish the helverin and have parts for the moriax, but didn't vow them)

Main House
Knight Errant
3 Warglaives
3 Helverins
6 Moriaxi

I have gotten a few games with them in, including a knight v knight game that the errant dropped turn one in.

My lists tend to be mostly armigars so using this force is not going to be an issue. Just have to get plenty of pictures and get a full write up next time.

Also as a bonus here is a picture of ALL the House Jenius armigars.

20200809 220753

Ok, cross post at the bottom of this post.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, I like the camo patter on your Cantorellian 23rd, certainly fits the theme. Now I just need some palm trees.

UtariOnzo, I have had a look at your Angel of Penance Thread just now, nicely done. The work in progress shot of the combi-plasma breacher with that really tall helmet is great. I can barely see over the shield, but you will see the glory of my helmet. :smile.:

I am also going to go with the Penultimate Challenge next. I think the longer I wait to do the battle report for the third challenge the more likely I will actually be able to have a game. So here goes nothing:

I,Trokair, of the Order Minoris Fides ex Machina take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the Penultimate Challenge (before Challenge the Third) and create at least one datasheet for a character associated with the Order Fides ex Machina. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the light of the Omnissiah forsake me if I fail.

I will start with Asura, former Magos and disciple of the Omnissiah’s Heart. I will create a custom datasheet for Asura, but for normal games Asura will be my Celestine, the Living Saint count as.

Starting picture:

gallery_29932_13153_128358.jpg

I also intent to create a datasheet for Canoness Myrella, the model for this is the converted Canoness (the one with the axe, converted from Amalia Novena) that I have already completed in the second challenge.

gallery_29932_13153_68077.jpg

Crosspost of Challnge 2 completion in spoiler:

I had a really good session over the weekend and with a few finishing touches this evening I have finished the last bit of my second challenge.

gallery_29932_13153_43382.jpg

With that I have finished all the models I intended for the challenge 2.

Group shot, 2 Canoness and an Imagifier in the middle, a Retributer squad and a Dominion squad in the back and 2 squads of Battle Sisters to the front.

gallery_29932_13153_64601.jpg

So just to confirm the Battle Report Challenge (the Third Challenge), the Datasheet Challenge (the Penultimate Challenge), and the Writing Challenge (the Final Challenge) can be completed in any order, but we post on here the order in which we vow them, keeping to the timelines set for the challenge?

I was able to contribute to the first challenge, but not to the painting one - does that put any restrictions on me for these other challenges?

In addition, if - worst case scenario - we are only able to play a game against ourselves with two different armies, are we able to make a battle report on how that game turns out - or does it have to be a battle played against a different player?

Crosspost incoming:

So I am in before the deadline:

Kill team from WAAAAGH Runtkilla (Grimgutz Ladz)

gallery_36568_16061_19671.jpg

And a strike force from the White Talons (bases still need a bit of a rework but they are good for now)

gallery_36568_16061_56597.jpg

Please excuse the bad/cluttered photos as I am in a rush for the deadline but I will post far better pics with fluff in the coming days. Until then please ignore the creepy orange deer of my daughter's which is there for me to fix.

The Gauntlet has called once more, and the team is pleased to announce the results of Challenge the Second.

The Iron Gauntlet is pleased to name the following challengers to Gold:

• Trokair
  • Brother Argent
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
  • Focslain
  • TechCaptain

The Iron Gauntlet is pleased to name the following challengers to Silver:

• Valkia the Bloody

The Iron Gauntlet is pleased to name the following challengers to Bronze

• Grotsmasha
  • Messor
  • LiSyMachus twice over
  • Brother Argent
  • Ace Debonair
  • UtariOnzo
  • Brother Cambrius
  • Lexington

Now then Brothers, the first two challenges are complete. Go forth and conquer the next three! Threads have been created in the Fanfiction, Liber Victorum, and Homegrown Rules subfora, where you will be expected to record your vows, and also pop in and have fun with your fellow Gauntleteers!

I myself will most likely be completing the Final Challenge next, as I'm not exactly near to a hobby store at the mo' (so character models will be difficult to obtain to chop up for conversions) and I'm not holding out much hope of a game where I am right now. That said, nothing's final 'til I make the actual vow, so this may change somewhat, but not too much.

Congratulations to all who have completed various levels of the Gauntlet so far.

• 2 weeks later...

So for the datasheet challenge, how much fluff do you want? Or if you can point me in a direction of a good example of what your looking for. I kind of need an example cause what I'm making is getting close to short story frame work and I think that is too much.

Here is the previous penultimate challenge conducted in 2017. In it you will find several different takes on dataslates. For lore, while I would not call it a hard minimum, I would recommend trying to get to the level of Legionare's lore. If you can hit or exceed what I did that year I'll be most impressed (and would call that good).

Basically, go with whatever you think is best and or natural, but do try and have more than one or two sentences. It may be an in media res story, background a la codex, or even detail tidbits you've already written in your Index Imperialis.

Edit: rereading your post, short story level is far and away acceptable. There is only too little, not too much.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Here is the previous penultimate challenge conducted in 2017. In it you will find several different takes on dataslates. For lore, while I would not call it a hard minimum, I would recommend trying to get to the level of Legionare's lore. If you can hit or exceed what I did that year I'll be most impressed (and would call that good).

Basically, go with whatever you think is best and or natural, but do try and have more than one or two sentences. It may be an in media res story, background a la codex, or even detail tidbits you've already written in your Index Imperialis.

Edit: rereading your post, short story level is far and away acceptable. There is only too little, not too much.

Thanks, I have a few ideas, I just wanted an upper limit so I don't get carried away and not finish.

Thanks Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch,I was going to ask a similar question, so great to have some guidance and example.

By way of update here is the conversion so far. Not sure I am happy with it yet but broadly it has turned out as envisioned.

gallery_29932_13153_88333.jpg

I also had a bit of fun of converting some AdMech themed Crusaders as armed followers of Asura.

gallery_29932_13153_92708.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

... that awkward moment when you realise there is only ten days of the Challenge Period left and you haven't even chosen what challenge to do...

Had a mad last month or so with my new born having to have surgery etc and everything has just been mad.  I might just scrape through with something if I can finally decide on what challenge to take on.

Writing is easy (though editing is hard) so you could always try and get a short story written up in the next week or so.

It requires only a keyboard, too, as opposed to other people or additional modeling supplies.

Hopefully the next bits of life are not quite so hectic :).

Should be... says the person who still hasn't had a chance to do anything.  Was wondering, if by some miracle, there was a chance I could complete two challenges in the next time frame instead?  Between my boys surgery and the subsequent issues following its not looking promising for me to push anything through now.  If not I might try to get something done for the writing challenge, but it may be a push.

Well I summited my challenge piece. This might be the end of my line too. As much as I wanted to do all 5, my brain is melting currently and I don't want to submit sub-par material.

I might be able to get the battle report challenge later in the year, but the story one is right out. I have lots of ideas, just can't work out the details in my current state.

Once again, thank you for running this.