Ordo Sinister

Now i have to name it. At all 6 are known by name

Occedentalis-Chirion

Occedentalis-Damysus

Occedentalis-Eurytus

Occedentalis-Sabaktes

Borealis-Thoon

Polaris-Albedelach

Mine will be from the Chamber Polaris. Albedelach sounds a bit gaelic/irish/scottish. So i started to research a bit. I found some names/terms that could fit.

Fionnlagh (FION-lach) means bright/beautiful warrior

Dorrell means the King´s Gatekeeper

Lachlann (LACH-lahn) means combative

Lailoken was a semi-legendary madman and prophet who lived in the Caledonian Forest in the late 6th century. Could fit for a psi-Titan.

Mine will be Borealis Phantasma (ghost or spirit representing the ghost in the machine), I love the name Polaris but I don't want a double P sound so Borealis works.  I also don't love names that are a real mouthful.

From your list I'd go with Lachlann. 

I'm in a bit of a pickle with the naming, as the four known chamber names obviously refer to the four classic directions of Earth but none of those tickle my fancy quite enough to not do one of my own. It has to keep the same punch with it, though, so to classic philosophy of nature we go. All of those four belong to the sublunary region, distinct from the translunary spheres of heaven, where man had to rise eventually. The Moon also had other canonical uses, so Lunaris, though cool and fittingly short, is out.

"Aetheris" could work, indicating the practise of creating these abominations in the eternal unchanging cradle of stars where no light touches the horrors born in the cold embrace of the cosmic vacuum. Wouldn't tie them down into one place, either. "Astralis", "Firmamentis", "Eternis"... Something along those lines.

Edited by Sherrypie

I don't like occedentalis it should be occidentalis

I guess to keep it in line with the eldar psi phantom (no tech heresy here proceed magos)

Edited by noigrim

• 2 weeks later...

Chap did an incredible job with the freehand - the step-by-step photos almost look like a nightmarish lion emerging from a black pit - but it does hammer home what an opportunity FW missed by not including small resin lion heads in the kit. Obviously there's some fantastic jobs in this thread alone but like, the Ordo Sinister heraldry is by no means an easy one to sketch in.

and having the power fist hold a sword...

Now that sounds awesome!

I've had an order for some of the scibor lion stuff hanging for weeks now. Was actually placed before release of the Psi-Titan, but Covid hasn't helped me there I suppose.

Edited by splayedpaintbrush

Well I've got a fist holding an axe and another fist holding a crane but I need find or scratchbuild a sword.

Warlord size? i would look for a Nemesis Dreadknight sword. Should be the right size.

Chap did an incredible job with the freehand - the step-by-step photos almost look like a nightmarish lion emerging from a black pit - but it does hammer home what an opportunity FW missed by not including small resin lion heads in the kit. Obviously there's some fantastic jobs in this thread alone but like, the Ordo Sinister heraldry is by no means an easy one to sketch in.

It's not free hand, though. That's literally a transfer, they just used CG to break it down into "steps". Look at the "glint" on the gold, it's the same as the other transfers.

Well I've got a fist holding an axe and another fist holding a crane but I need find or scratchbuild a sword.

Warlord size? i would look for a Nemesis Dreadknight sword. Should be the right size.

Is it?  It could end up looking way too big.

Edit: You know I think that might be the right size but I can't find any on bits sites or eBay unless you all know someone with an extra sword they don't need.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Trying to get hold of a Nemesis sword on bits sites or eBay is like trying to find the holy grail. They are incredibly sought after bits. I know, as I tried to get one to convert my BT Ben Dread. In the end, I gave up as it was too difficult, expensive and, I didn't actually like the look for a BT sword. So I had a friend 3D print one.