Book hauls, bookshelves - post it all

theSpirea

23 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

I see a lot of people here complaining about the quality of special editions... Is this normal? For a book that costs as much is it costs, you shouldn't be binding, or so not even after one year

Except for Huron Blackheart having a loose hinge it’s only the more recent Siege of Terra books that I’ve had issues with. Not sure why exactly, but it could be because the books are huge and the printer’s not taking that into account when binding them.

I want to get the Siege rebound in real leather later because I like the idea of making the books feel more like historical artifacts. They certainly aren’t in need of rebinding from a quality perspective at the moment. 
That said I don’t disagree on the quality leaving a little to be desired, but I collect them out of love and it makes me happy even if they’re imperfect.

Edited by cheywood

• 1 month later...

On 12/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, cheywood said:

Except for Huron Blackheart having a loose hinge it’s only the more recent Siege of Terra books that I’ve had issues with. Not sure why exactly, but it could be because the books are huge and the printer’s not taking that into account when binding them.

I agree, the bigger novels have problems with their binding. My LE of Mortis has that problem rather prominent, so I keep care not to fully open it.

3 hours ago, Tolmeus said:

I agree, the bigger novels have problems with their binding. My LE of Mortis has that problem rather prominent, so I keep care not to fully open it.

Yeah a few of mine have had that issue, very annoying. I’ve gotten them repaired, but Echoes especially will probably need to be rebound. If I ever hit the lottery I’m having them all redone in leather.

• 2 weeks later...

Not just BL, but most of my collection. I largely moved to ebooks years ago, bar LEs. Space is increasingly an issue.

The only reissue is the Realm of Chaos: Lost and the Damned, all others are originals.

865DE273-8975-4AF1-B008-9962F66601C4.jpeg

1F09015E-8B93-4E71-864A-5057800F0D55.jpeg

A698BC94-A9EE-457D-A1C3-88014798E862.jpeg

955CA3DC-F156-4635-89EB-F51EEF09D887.jpeg

F4F530A2-DACA-4E94-97DA-E15E27A2DE43.jpeg

Edited by aa.logan

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 9:36 PM, aa.logan said:

Going to need a bigger shelf…

3B2CBE69-4302-47AE-8EF8-E6B96AC417B2.jpeg

Question: Whats the Black Book like book with what seems to be a Black Library logo? Never seen that before but reminds of the HH Black Book series, all of which I have.

4 minutes ago, Ramell said:

Gotta be Macragge's Honour, the graphic novel. It's part of the BL HH series but was released initially in the format of the FW black books. 

Yes, it’s that. Sadly not the super-fancy 350-copy ‘Weekender’ version, but rather natty in its own right.

While I’m here- Cypher sits pretty alongside the rest of the series…A340463D-577C-4576-A1D6-05FC06837B29.thumb.jpeg.089731251c4ec5bd4e7bde0f1e729141.jpeg

1 hour ago, theSpirea said:

I still regret missing out on Ghaz. Might go against everything I believe in and pay scalpers' prices. I love that book. Thank you for keeping the thread alive, I will be posting my latest additions as well

just looked on ebay and you can get hold of one for £67; still more than buying direct originally of course, but not too crazy pricing

My hunt for out-of-print titles continues. I got The Mgister and the Martyr last year and finally got The Serpent and the Saint. They look great together. I quite like the small/A5 hardback size and some of these were pretty difficult to find. I mean, you can get them on eBay but getting them for retail price was the difficult part.

large.20230322_113725_.jpg.f5d05839102870006ec4cf3ab67d1d36.jpg

Already had Gloomspite (still my absolute favorite BL cover), and couldn't resist getting more Gitz

large.20230322_114147_.jpg.d39ad9a2bb1bd3e0e3b05396d8279421.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am thinking of buying a couple of novels (LE), I been buying but now I am looking at 3. Celestine (LE) Mark of Faith (LE) & Cursed City (LE)

Mark of Faith sure looks like a beautiful novel.... Can anyone show me a couple of photos for Cursed City? The other two are more common and so I've seen them...

11 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

I am thinking of buying a couple of novels (LE), I been buying but now I am looking at 3. Celestine (LE) Mark of Faith (LE) & Cursed City (LE)

Mark of Faith sure looks like a beautiful novel.... Can anyone show me a couple of photos for Cursed City? The other two are more common and so I've seen them...

I don’t even know if you can find the Celestine LE anywhere now. There was one on EBay last week for like 900 USD plus shipping but it’s not there anymore as of 5 minutes ago….

14 minutes ago, LemartestheLost said:

I don’t even know if you can find the Celestine LE anywhere now. There was one on EBay last week for like 900 USD plus shipping but it’s not there anymore as of 5 minutes ago….

There is a guy I know asking for 350 euros for it and 350 for mark of faith

7 hours ago, chevalierdulys said:

There is a guy I know asking for 350 euros for it and 350 for mark of faith

I really ought to look at getting mine insured. Current prices are crazy…

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, theSpirea said:

Back from vacation with some goodies. Had a chance to check out a few small bookstores and some of them happened to have BL books. Most of them are brand new and were under the retail price. Luckily all fit in my suitcase. But I'm running out of bookshelves

Haul1 - Copy.jpg

Haul2 - Copy.jpg

"Hey man im looking for some English literature if you know what I mean." 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...