Book hauls, bookshelves - post it all

theSpirea

40 minutes ago, theSpirea said:

I'm still angry over my lost copy of Liber Chaotica, GW never managed to replace it and it's going for crazy prices on eBay.

I feel your pain, i bought the new liber xenologis while heavily hangover, ordered the German Version by accident and by the time i realised (when i opened it) it had sold out everywhere but ebay. 

Multiple #0001/ limited editions! Did you get these from ebay or incredibly lucky in what you receive from GW? I always wondered if the lowest numbers always get assigned to a particular country's allocation or if its randomly rotated by GW.

Edited by skylerboodie
typo

Thank you everyone, I am very lucky and treasure my books.

I love collecting 0001’s (guess who’s autistic ;) ) - I have bought them all from eBay or Facebook groups.  Maybe one day I will get lucky and BL will send me a 0001 through luck of the draw!

The LC with the padlock was my holy grail too System Sound, I picked it up earlier this year after a two-year search!

31 minutes ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I love collecting 0001’s (guess who’s autistic ;) ) - I have bought them all from eBay or Facebook groups.  Maybe one day I will get lucky and BL will send me a 0001 through luck of the draw!

The LC with the padlock was my holy grail too System Sound, I picked it up earlier this year after a two-year search!

That's rad. I think I saw it for sale once, but at a price I wouldn't pay. Maybe someday.

9 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Thank you!  Any in particular you are looking to add?  

I missed the Sister of Battle box set but from the earlier titles, I was debating getting Vaults of Terra, it's my favorite BL novel but I doubt they will ever do the rest of the series in the same style. If anything, I hope for the box set (along with Shira by Farrer!).

On 11/9/2023 at 12:39 PM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I'm pretty good at recognizing all the books and boxes there and it seems like you have nearly everything, is the Ahriman Eternal limited edition box on the second shelf with the maps?

18 minutes ago, Krelious said:

I'm pretty good at recognizing all the books and boxes there and it seems like you have nearly everything, is the Ahriman Eternal limited edition box on the second shelf with the maps?

Not quite - IIRC the Ahriman LE is on the bottom right shelf,  The two SoT maps on the left-second shelf are on top of the four Visions of Heresy LE's and the grey box is Helwinter's Gate LE.

25 minutes ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Not quite - IIRC the Ahriman LE is on the bottom right shelf,  The two SoT maps on the left-second shelf are on top of the four Visions of Heresy LE's and the grey box is Helwinter's Gate LE.

Oh I see, hard to make some things out,  just curious how much of your collection do you think you have read? 

2 hours ago, Krelious said:

Oh I see, hard to make some things out,  just curious how much of your collection do you think you have read? 

Yeah it’s not great quality as the forum has limits on what you can post.  When I get chance I’ll post some close ups of the shelves if you like?

Id guess I’ve read about 20% of the books on display.  Most of the books I have no intention of ever reading, I just like collecting them.  I consume most of my reading in audiobook format - at last tally I’ve got over 200 30k/40k audiobooks of which I’ve listened to over half.

• 4 weeks later...

So sometimes I get a real "what the heck is this" experience from my used book store. This was one of them; the Konrad Saga omnibus? Never heard of this series before, it's not even present on Black Library's website.

I looked inside at the publication dates; a trilogy of novels published in 1989, 1990, and 1993. I mean, whew, that first novel was written when the Soviet Union still existed as an entity.

What a fascinating find.

Oh and there was also Relentless by Richard Williams.

20231212_101923~2.jpg

• 4 months later...