White Scars y0! (Primaris Vanguard Vets!)

Jeez! Amazing work. Espacially the kitbash for the vanguard veterans. What kind of left arms did you use? I have seen that the shields are already printed with hands. Did you use the adjustable arms from Popgoesthemonkey.

I bought those adjustable monkey arms and they are complete Fenrisian Wolf excrement.  They just didnt have enough of a bend at the elbow to be suitable for holding a shield so I used various marine arm bits i had in my bits box instead.  Some required a bit of sanding down to fit but it turned out ok.    

Bad news. I ordered those arms as well. The connection to the shields has a strange angle. I tried other arms but it didn't fit very well. First I wanted to use the arms out of the assault intercessor box but those have an extra armor on the sword hand. Let's see how I solve this problem. Thanks for your response.

Jeez! Amazing work. Espacially the kitbash for the vanguard veterans. What kind of left arms did you use? I have seen that the shields are already printed with hands. Did you use the adjustable arms from Popgoesthemonkey.

I bought those adjustable monkey arms and they are complete Fenrisian Wolf excrement.  They just didnt have enough of a bend at the elbow to be suitable for holding a shield so I used various marine arm bits i had in my bits box instead.  Some required a bit of sanding down to fit but it turned out ok.    

Bad news. I ordered those arms as well. The connection to the shields has a strange angle. I tried other arms but it didn't fit very well. First I wanted to use the arms out of the assault intercessor box but those have an extra armor on the sword hand. Let's see how I solve this problem. Thanks for your response.

Sand paper solves it.  That part of the model is well concealed by the shield anyways so any sanding that isnt perfect wont be visible.

• 1 year later...

Late to the party but lemme congratulate you for your crisp, neat, great work. I like those kind of "clean" jobs, like comic style, quite a lot (I find them old school and I can't but love it), and yours are IMHO gorgeous. Also I dig the bluish tone of their armour, am looking for an alike tone myself for my very own lil' dudes.

Your boys gonna be an inspiration for mine, sir.

Praise to you!

• 2 weeks later...