+++ THE SPRING BACKLOG CLEANING +++

Excessus

Finally updated the OP with stats. Some serious progress here guys! 

I'm very open-minded about this event, it's all about YOU! If YOU feel like you have completed something, you get a badge! 

tenor.gif

I, Hannibal the Great, conqueror of worlds, declare my second vow to be completed.

663w4eol.jpg

And I, Hannibal the Great, conqueror of worlds, declare the completion of...

...one Tzeentch Sorcerer in Terminator armour;

...five Black Legion Chaos Space Marines;

...ten Plaguebearers

until 31st of May 2020.

I think everyone is finding it hard to keep up Celtic :tongue.: I'm doing my bit, the Spidershrimp is now finished (once water effect sets) :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_10249_53741.jpg

I'm starting on my Keeper of Secrets, but it'll be a slow burn project and I'm still doing battle with early assembly and magnets I'm not sure it has much chance of being completed before the end of May. I'll see how it goes, maybe if that looks to be the case I can put in a smaller vow instead...

Keep the updates coming everyone, all progress is good progress :smile.:

At first I was going to say I unfortunately could not finish my vow due to running out of paint. I then double checked and realized I had only said build and convert. Vow #1 complete. I'll update the post to have a picture once I learn how to put one on here.

Vow #2. Finish stripping my stripping backlog minis, reassemble them, and prime them.

Edited by Irate Khornate

• 2 weeks later...

We're in the last month, plenty of time for dark glory to be won - take it or be found lacking before the gods :wink:

Sadly I won't be able to make a second vow because a knife accident means I can't assemble anything currently and I won't be able to finish the KoS in time... I can just about manage some painting. If I collected Khorne it might have been useful to anoint the model :P

I, techsoldaten, am providing an update on my vow to complete this Death Guard army before May 31st.

Much progress has been made, but it feels like time is running out. Picture of the army in full:

1059312_sm-Death%20Guard%2C%20Death%20Gu

Here's a rundown of all the units. X means painting complete.

Mortarion

Typhus

X Tallyman

X Biologus Putrifuer

X Foul Blightspawn

X Necrosius

X Lord of Contagion #1
Lord of Contagion #2

X Malignant Plaguecaster #1
Malignant Plaguecaster #2
Malignant Plaguecaster #3

X Noxious Blightbringer #1
Noxious Blightbringer #2

X Daemon Prince #1

Daemon Prince #2

X Deathshroud Terminators x3 #1

X Deathshroud Terminators x3 #2

X Blightlord Terminators x5 #1

X Blightlord Terminators x5 #2

X Plague Marines x7 #1
X Plague Marines x7 #2

X Plague Marines x7 #3
Plague Marines x7 #4

Plague Marines x7 #5

X Foetid Bloat Drone #1

X Foetid Bloat Drone #2

Foetid Bloat Drone #3

X Myphitic Blight Hauler #1
Myphitic Blight Hauler #2
Myphitic Blight Hauler #3

Poxwalkers x 20

Some pictures of individual units.

1059311_sm-Death%20Guard%2C%20Biologus%2

1059308_sm-Death%20Guard%2C%20Necrosius.

1059303_sm-Death%20Guard%2C%20Tallyman.p

1059301_sm-Death%20Guard%2C%20Blightlord

1059305_sm-Death%20Guard%2C%20Mortarion%

Edited by techsoldaten

I, Hannibal The Great, conqueror of worlds, declare the following vow...

And I, Hannibal the Great, conqueror of worlds, declare the completion of...

...one Tzeentch Sorcerer in Terminator armour;

...five Black Legion Chaos Space Marines;

...ten Plaguebearers

until 31st of May 2020.

...to be partly completed:

Tzeentch Sorcerer in Terminator Armour:

ebtnho3n.jpg

5 men CSM unit of the uprising Plague Legion:

ges25a4w.jpg

I´m actually working on the 10 Plaguebearers.

Alright, so I managed to scrounge up some models for a couple small Chaos armies - which happened to push me over ten thousand points of "models in collection", by the way - and if I get some paints in early, I might just join in for the final stretch. I'll have some Nurgle/Khorne Cult Iron Warriors and some Tzeentch Daemonkin Night Lords by the end of it, alongside my Thousand Sons.

• 2 weeks later...

Only a few days left here, but it has gone a bit quiet... the ranks of the spawn may increase :wink:

Academics have been pretty busy, not much done on the cultists yet. Going to use the weekend to finish them. (After all they're just cultists, says the person who has owned cultists in states of incompletion for years now. :unsure.: )

Edited by BadgersinHills

I decided to use Eschers as my Cultists - a lot of detail and time for 4pts so it took me a while :lol: Worth it in the end though, as all effort is :)

While Excessus works hard at work (and his vow) I have updated the vow list to note the latest status of vows. Victory rests entirely on your shoulders, the price of defeat surely needs no explanation...

Hidden Content
20200327.jpg
20200326.jpg

20200324.jpg

20200325.jpg

20200513.jpg
20200512.jpg
20200514.jpg
20200515.jpg

20200522.jpg
20200521.jpg
20200520.jpg
20200523.jpg

20200510.jpg
20200511.jpg

20200451.jpg
20200450.jpg
20200452.jpg

20200528.jpg
20200529.jpg
20200527.jpg

20200531.jpg
20200530.jpg
20200532.jpg

Ok, Brothers, I am sorry for my long silence those last weeks but I have been quite busy. Nonetheless I managed to complete a certain number of units which I want to share with you all even though they were not pledge to that nice event. All of them were started in May for the Gilgamesh Campaign.

I want also to congratulate all of those who managed to participate to the event and first of all our Brother Excessus for organizing it!

For the Warmaster!!!

Celtic_Cauldron Edited by WarriorFish
Images put in tag

Award images for the successful vows, in ascending and chronological order:

1 Vow

WarriorFish

Tallarn Commander

Irate Khornate

gallery_30308_9518_146.jpg

Hidden Content
http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_146.jpg

2 Vows

Zephaniah Adriyen

gallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

Hidden Content
http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

6 Vows

Celtic_cauldron

gallery_30308_9518_2739.jpg

Hidden Content
http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_2739.jpg

Well done to everyone who completed! Commiserations to those who did not, perhaps next time you can redeem yourselves in the eyes of the gods?

Hi folks,

you already guessed it. Due to real life work I wasn´t able to complete my last vow.

Nevertheless I´m glad that I completed 3 vows. I really enjoyed that competition and I hope there will be something similar in the near future.

Congratulations to all who completed their vows. Well Done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I know the backlog cleanup is over, but I finished my vow and better late than never... :)

Anyway, the delay was because I couldn't find the guitar string I had bought long time ago (probably threw it out in my last move, which occurred when I hadn't done anything hobbywise in a few years, so I probably ditched them thinking that I wasn't likely to need them).

So, today I decided to crawl out of my post-pandemic hole and go to a music store and buy some more.  About an hour of clipping and greenstuffing later, I've finished building up the shoulders of my squid-naught (double scourge hellbrute).  Here are some pictures, rotating the model counter-clockwise beginning with the left front shoulder.

EM3xZwH.jpg

srATPew.jpg

nw98mtQ.jpg?1

fpkGKeU.jpg

It originally had a tongue, but it kept falling off into the model so I got rid of it.  Finally managed to fish out the ball of dried greenstuff that had been holding it in place (which failed to come out when I retrieved the tongue), so it no longer rattles, thankfully.  Any thoughts on how I could anchor the tongue in such a way as to prevent this problem (and without disassembling the model to do so)?