Titan Legion end fates

Well, I don't think we know fully, or will ever know, the entirety of Legions that existed during the heresy, let alone their eventual fates. We should know what happens to most of the main ones though. 

Define "survived the heresy" :laugh.:  Which still exist by name?  GW has a habit of reconing things, changing names, and the studio using different colors seemingly on a whim so it can be all over the map.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Collegia_Titanica

This is the most exhaustive list I've found, that's one really nice thing about the 40k community is how much us nerds like lists of fluff!  They haven't really done an official matrix like the SM legions showing who fell to whom.  Only a few officially fell to a certain god like Mortis going to Nurgle in the stories. When I first read "Mechanicum" years ago I found myself assuming the technovirus was sort of a 5th god but obviously in the codices Chaos warmachines do bear certain marks and allegiances. Still it would've been cool to have the "Machina Daemonium" so to speak be it's own entity.  Heck it might probably oppose Tzeentch, think Nurgle terribly weak, and despise Slaanesh for its love of flesh.

Many are wiped out during the Heresy, but one of Titanicus' perks is that - unlike the Space Marine Legions - there is no hard limit on the number of Legios out there in the galaxy. The only one I remember being wiped out for "certain" was Legio Damnatus (who get shot down over Terra). Legio Ulricon suffer a similar fate at Thramas but there is less certainty as to whether the entire Legio was hit. There is also a lot of ambiguity at times, with various Legios being refounded after the civil war ends, moving homeworlds, changing their heraldry, etc.

Expect more information on how the Titan Legions change, god affiliations, etc, as the heresy goes on. You can see some 40k-era Legios in the IA books (e.g. Fureans in IA13) and as nuggets in GW studio lore (e.g. Interfector in the 6th ed 40k rulebook, Mortis/Infernus & others in the 13th Black Crusade supplement). A lot of the time we are relying on 80s era information which FW are under no liberty to follow to the letter and sites like the WH40k wiki often get things wrong.

or maybe Zess-toe-bye-axe? I think I pronounce it differently every time.

Anyway yeah, IA13 actually mentions that the Death Stalkers and Flaming Skulls are names that are "known only to legend." I like to think their Titans are just endlessly stalking Khorne's battlefield realms, living their best murder-lives. It stands to reason they'd be back in the time of Daemon Primarchs and the Cicatrix Maledictum, now that things are finally interesting enough in reality to distract them from the great game.

edit: or both of them were pretty much spent in the Heresy.

I'd love to see more Traitor Titan perspectives in the far future. They're usually animalistic, insidious antagonists, or at best the same but allies to traitor protagonists. But realistically there should be a diverse range of situations in play. Some corrupted crews who have melded with their Titans, plenty of Daemon Titans who have no crew or who feast on the souls of what were once the crew for eternity, and some who function more like the Night Lords at the edge of corruption and look more like a darker reflection of loyalist crews.

Edited by LetsYouDown

Many are wiped out during the Heresy, but one of Titanicus' perks is that - unlike the Space Marine Legions - there is no hard limit on the number of Legios out there in the galaxy.

This, combined with the fact that there are in-lore examples of Legios being reconstituted or refounded even after suffering near total losses means that even legions that have disappeared are not gone forever. One such example is Legio Tempestus / Tempestor (Stormlords) of which the contingent on Mars stayed loyal and fought the traitors of Legio Mortis in the aftermath of the Death of Innocence as the Schism of Mars divided the red planet while the majority of Stormlords acting as part of the expeditionary fleets sided with the Warmaster. These days you have a portion of the Tempestor that turned traitor still running around with their titans now corrupted while there are also loyalist Stormlords under the name of Legio Tempestus who were relocated away from Mars and now call Orestes their home.

Solaria is an interesting case, too. They took losses to the point that the all-female culture that had existed throughout the Heresy was functionally dead afterwards. By M41 they're an aristocratic, arrogant order seemingly dominated by men, and actually look and act more like Legio Vulpa did before they fell.

They technically didn't get destroyed, but they really did.

Edited by LetsYouDown

GW is notorious for leaving the fluff vague, and even contradicting themselves in different versions.

So... not knowing what Legios survived and which didn't is almost certainly being left vague on purpose.

However, that leaves quite a bit of leeway for those wanting to have a couple survivors of this Legio or that - assuming they have not explicitly been listed as extinct.

Solaria is an interesting case, too. They took losses to the point that the all-female culture that had existed throughout the Heresy was functionally dead afterwards. By M41 they're an aristocratic, arrogant order seemingly dominated by men, and actually look and act more like Legio Vulpa did before they fell.

They technically didn't get destroyed, but they really did.

As someone who initially did Solaria because he loved their fluff, that sucks. I get most of the legions would suffer/be changed/things got worse after the heresy, but this just seems like a really lazy and ham fisted way to portray grimdark ect.

Like I get the tragedy angle they were going for, but it just seems they went for the most blunt/lazy way they could without affecting any of the more established/popular legions.