Just saying

Ok, all of us hobbyists across the USA, and certain parts of the world, are under quarantine for this pandemic. This goes even for us still working, from home or still out in the field. Even those with spouses, kids, and/or pets stuck indoors with you.

All this time stuck indoors, just try showing up to a match with unpainted models. I dare you. I can't wait to hear the lame excuses. There is all this time stuck indoors, curfews, etc. Stop procrastinating, slap on a base coat, and the get to those details!

If I had my way, we'd all be holed up in a indoor stadium, getting our hobby on, painting, building, and getting some games in. And, after every painting session, there would be @Firepower choosing the best painter of that session. He would sneer, give an approving grunt, and maybe even a nod if he was really pleased, and then give that painter the paddling of a lifetime. And when he was finished with that paddling, he would tell the rest of the painters that they suck at painting even more than the guy laying on the floor, and to line up for their individual paddlings.

I miss the grim dark in my life. I miss my dice betraying me at critical moments. I miss rolling a 6 and ruining my opponent's night. I miss playing a new opponent, and them thinking I am insane, until turn 3 or so, and then they realize the situation they are in. And as much as I want to win my next game, I would be just as satisfied if I lost, but my opponent was biting their nails, sweating profusely, second guessing every move, and still just barely squeaking out a victory. I miss hearing backstory on a player's chapter/faction or character(s). Because at the end of the day, these are our marines (no, the rest of you do not count), that we spend our wages that we work for on, and that we assemble, paint, arm, and muster on the field of battle.

*you do not count because you cannot wield a chainsword to wound traitor guardsmen, space elves, blue fish people, and insurgent xenos worshipping cultists on a 3+, while armored like a tank, all while praising the Emperor in High Gothic.

*you do not count because you cannot wield a chainsword to wound traitor guardsmen, space elves, blue fish people, and insurgent xenos worshipping cultists on a 3+, while armored like a tank, all while praising the Emperor in High Gothic.

Sisters can. Inquisition can.

Ahem. This is definitely a thing - I cleaned up my backlog fully... what, two days ago? I had a small enough collection to begin with that it wasn't a huge deal. I'm working on smaller projects from scrap models, like a World Eaters Kill Team I probably won't ever play. Even came up with an easy white technique that responds well to my usual technique of slathering everything in Nuln Oil like I'm basting a turkey, and learned what too much Blood for the Blood God is.

Emperor's Children would like to know about these ... paddlings ... :shudder:

Firepower is a member that often posts on the Black Templar board. The others call him chaplain, and paddling is his term for motivational bludgeoning with his Crozius. He really appreciates well painted models, and is not shy about criticism.

I have less time in my life under quarentine for hobby related activities.

Wife and I are both working full weeks while also trying to entertain a 3 year old whose going just as stir crazy.

Over the past 2 weeks I have built one model... Deal with it

I will say this though, I have never and will never play an unpainted model.

If you had the paints you needed or are somewhere where they only just stopped shipping :)

Or have contrast.

And are we talking battle ready or parade ready btw?

IMO there has to be some leeway/exceptions on painted or not eg youre playing a game two days after a model is released or you bought it thats fair enough to not have it painted. Will admit Im of the opinion that playing is more fun than modelling.

Some people think only fully painted models and thats fair enough

I've been grinding through my backlog but the issue is this:

My Night Lords need parts that were supposed to ship, but got sent back to the Memphis warehouse :lol:

My Dark Angels though... I'm powering through them. Nearly finished with 10 Cataphractii (two 5-man squads), I assembled some Hellblasters (and found more ten more :lol:) and I've been priming my un-primed Ravenwing models.

I assembled some Hellblasters (and found more ten more :laugh.:)

Hold up, you don't have a vague idea of every single model in your possession? How big is your collection, exactly, that you can forget a whole kit exists?

When the sprues are hidden in a box, (not in their own box mind you, but in one of the brown GW shipping boxes) it's very easy to lose track.

Especially since it was a squad of Dark Angels Hellblasters. Yeah, the ones that came out with the Dark Angel's 8th Codex :lol:

Also regarding my collection: Too big. Way too big :lol:

i am on weekend #3 without my FLGS with another month to go apparently at a minimum with closures extended to may the 4  

So far i have finished-

.nuclear shrimp HURK heavy walker ( i am using it as a deredeo just because it looks cool...at it was only like $35 US)

DUST 1947 AXIS

.blutkreuz heavy laser grenadier support team X2

.jagdlothar heavy laser walker

.bloody baron (character)

.panzer prince (character)

.heavy grenadier command squad

DUST 1947 ALLIES

.heavy ranger command squad

.heavy ranger assault squad

.heavy ranger tank hunter squad

.heavy ranger attack squad

.heavy command vehicle

.X2 bulldog heavy phaser walkers

.pelican tornado heavy fighter

DUST 1947 SSU

.steel guard command squad

.steel guard anti-tank squad

.steel guard anti-infantry squad

.steel guard fire support squad

.steel guard tesla squad

currently working on-spetsnaz artillery spotter teams X2

Next in line-X2 artillery tractors, X7 medium engineering walkers.......if i get that done i still have  X2  SAS phaser heavy squads, X2 heavy grenadier recoiless rifle heavy weapon support teams, X2 axis pioneer platoon gorillas. .......i think i will run out of paint before i get it all done. 

All my 40K stuff is painted, as is my warmachine, infinity and battletech. 

so yeah i have been working on it. 

Edited by mughi3

If it would stop alternating between freezing rain, and snow, I'd go basecoat my Flesh Tearers. I can't do it indoors, people keep getting mad, claiming they need air to breathe.

Silly people, i mean really putting air above SPACE MARINES! their faith in the emperor is weak. 

:laugh.:

Yeah I had a major knee surgery recently, though am pushing myself to sit at the hobby desk in my limited spare time to assemble 30 HH tac marines for my IW's. I should have enough hobby supplies to finish my current backlog if I can manage my time effectively and efficently. IH and IW know better, the flesh really is weak lol.

After much effort-

I have painted all the things!

so the tally-3 full DUST armies numbering

54 infantry models 14 vehicles.

Additionally for 40K

1 vehicle

and touching up 14 classic battletech miniatures(metal) that got dropped and chipped some time ago.

Not bad for 4 weekends of lockdown.....now to get through the rest of the month 

I still have several gundam master grade kits i need to assemble, however seeing as how most of my display cabinets are full i may not be overly motivated to finish them

Yup, the OP did it, I'm back in workshop mode now. It kinda dislodged me from whatever hangup I was having about not painting. So, short post, thanks.

Update - I done up 2 Nurgle Daemon Princes w/ Wings (inspired by this ongoing meme at our Warhammer Store about Nurgle Bat Soup) for my 40k Nurgle army, a Nurgle Blood Bowl team, and some miscellaneous stuff like I got 2 candelabra and a treasure chest painted for D&D:

gallery_57329_13636_180123.jpg

Great test for Contrast paints here, actually. Militarum Green, Nazdreg Yellow, Skeleton Horde, Snakebite Leather (for those that played way back, that used to be the name for a standard brown paint, they changed that to something else and the Contrast paint equivalent is called "Snakebite Leather" now. This lead to so much confusion between me and a new player).

My rationale for doing all these Nurgle projects: I figure the Chaos gods are like those really old religions where worship is about appeasing the gods out of fear rather than revere them out of love. So I'm like dedicating all this stuff to Nurgle to, y'know, protect us all.

Whether it works or not, I dunno, but it certainly is great motivation to keep painting and get stuff done.

Hold up, you don't have a vague idea of every single model in your possession? How big is your collection, exactly, that you can forget a whole kit exists?

When the sprues are hidden in a box, (not in their own box mind you, but in one of the brown GW shipping boxes) it's very easy to lose track.

Especially since it was a squad of Dark Angels Hellblasters. Yeah, the ones that came out with the Dark Angel's 8th Codex :laugh.:

Also regarding my collection: Too big. Way too big :laugh.:

Okay, so I just did a count Zeph, just for you. My Dark Angels alone have:

(Painted)

1. Primaris'd Azrael
  2. Primaris'd Ezekiel
  3. Primaris'd Asmodai
  4. Sammael on Sableclaw
  5. 4 Primaris Lieutenants
  6. 3 Apothecaries
  7. Primaris Captain (Store Anniversary one)
  8. Librarian
  9. Librarian in Terminator Armour
  10. Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armour
  11. Chaplain Dreadnought
  12. Deathwing Champion
  13. Deathwing Apothecary
  14. Deathwing Ancient
  15. two 5-man Cataphractii Squads
  16. 10 Man Tactical Squad
  17. two 5-man Intercessor squads
  18. 10 Hellblasters
  19. 3 Suppressors
  20. Relic Deredeo Dreadnought (Plasma, Missile)
  21. Land Raider Crusader
  22. Ravenwing Dark Talon

(Unpainted/Primed/Assembly)

1. Primaris'd Sammael (on Corvex, :censored: making a Primaris'd Sableclaw)
  2. Primaris'd Belial
  3. Primaris Lieutenant in Phobos Armour (Shadoswpear)
  4. Gravis Captain
  5. Chaplain
  6. Interrogator-Chaplain on Bike
  7. Librarian in Terminator Armour
  8. Librarian on Bike
  9. 2 Company Master (Dark Vengeance)
  10. Company Ancient
  11. Primaris Ancient
  12. Ravenwing Champion
  13. Ravenwing Apothecary
  14. Ravenwing Ancient
  15. Imperial Space Marine
  16. 5 Deathwing Knights
  17. 20 Deathwing Terminators
  18. 40 Company Veterans
  19. 18 Scouts
  20. 10 Infiltrators (Shadowspear)
  21. 3 Eliminators (Shadowspear)
  22. 3 Aggressors
  23. 3 Inceptors (Dark Imperium)
  24. 20 Hellblasters
  25. Drop Pod
  26. 2 Ravenwing Land Speeders
  27. 14 Ravenwing Black Knights
  28. 22 Ravenwing Bikes
  29. 2 Attack Bikes
  30. Ravenwing Dark Shroud
  31. Relic Deredeo Dreadnought
  32. Nehpilim Jetfighter

... yeah. Please note, that's not counting the models I'm trying to sell. And that's JUST my Dark Angels.

Edited by Gederas

Especially since it was a squad of Dark Angels Hellblasters. Yeah, the ones that came out with the Dark Angel's 8th Codex :laugh.:

Also regarding my collection: Too big. Way too big :laugh.:

Okay, so I just did a count Zeph, just for you. My Dark Angels alone have: (head count totaling 232 models)

You have exactly ten more Dark Angels models you're actually keeping than I have in my entire collection right now. I now truly understand what a "large" collection is and that mine is not it.