PA: Pariah and Ephrael Stern

It is not a cape.. it is her robes.

It is coming from her waist, not her shoulders.

The length from her waist to her feet is longer than the length from her waist to her head, which is why the dress is above her head in that pose.

You've only looked at the picture, have you? The preview video clearly shows it's not robes but rather an actual cape that drapes up from behind her backpack...

fine i will give you it could be her robes.  But it still one of the uglies sister sculpts ever.   They chose one of the worst examples of her posing because on top of that, you aren't viewing the model from that angle.   Plus had the read the books, they could and should have realized they could have created a more dynamic yet a little more neutral looking pose that would have captured her combat abilties as well as new found psychic abilities and made the model much more impressive looking.  The screaming face is just bad.   It doesn't represent the sisters at all or a female figure very well.   Second, I would be more scared of a calm pyshic attack than one where they gave such drastic facial expressions.    

It still doesn't change the fact she doesn't have her jump pack, and where is the pistol blazing from the reference photo, and that harlequin doesn't match.  

IF that is the artwork they referenced for the fig. The only thing they got to match was the flare up of her robes.

The artwork forgot that Seraphim dont have the full robes of the regular sisters. Everything else about the fig is a disconnect from that pic.

Hope the rules are good.

I haven't seen the video that was mentioned, but it doesn't look like a cape to me.

Edit: Just watched the video. It is a cape. But she does canonically wear a cape sometimes, so I'm not sure what the problem is?

i assume the reason she doesn't have a jump pack is because that no longer how she fights. She seems to have evolved as a character.

Also, I don't get the complaints about her face at all. She looks angry. Thats what angry people look like.

Edited by jakerichmond

I'm really excited about the re-release of Daemonifuge; I never got a copy, so I'm glad I'll finally get the story.

The model itself isn't their best work, it's true. Probably still going to buy it, especially if the rules are good.

It's interesting to have a psyker in a sisters army; my mission is pretty puritanical; I'm not sure they would welcome Sterrn. Sometimes Greyfax joins the Mission if a psyker is needed, but she's there as much to deny as cast. Stern might be different; rather than a psychic discipline, she'll probably get a bespoke power. Whether of not she fits with the army as permanent resident, I can buy her for stand alone battles.

It is not a cape.. it is her robes.

It is coming from her waist, not her shoulders.

The length from her waist to her feet is longer than the length from her waist to her head, which is why the dress is above her head in that pose.

You've only looked at the picture, have you? The preview video clearly shows it's not robes but rather an actual cape that drapes up from behind her backpack...

I see what you are referencing.

But it isn't a great image and all of the distortion means I am having to make a lot of assumption about what the image is showing me.

So far in 8th edition every release has had at least 1 odd picture that doesn't make sense.

However by the time the model is released those initial reactions have been forgotten because of all of the subsequent previews and especially whatever the new preview is have push those spacial questions from our mind with new question about different models.

Once we have the new model in our hands or even just the 360 view, that spacial oddity resolves itself. 

Take the FW Sanguinius model.  When the first promotional pictures came out the angle hid the models elbow, and combined with the hilt of the sword looking like fingers made it appear that the model was holding the sword in a reverse grip that looked really awkward.  Once we got the 360 view the distinction between the hilt and the hand became clear because we were able to change the perspective.  And now when I look at the promotional pic it make sense and i have trouble seeing the hilt as fingers.

I expect that when Stern is released we'll have the same resolution.

But it isn't a great image and all of the distortion means I am having to make a lot of assumption about what the image is showing.

Again, have you watched the video?

Here’s a link:

Pause it ~17 seconds in if need be. Clearly, it’s a cape, there is no distortion or ambiguity there...

+Edit: Best I can do I guess:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16u-EhKi4FXR2SH8e3gL9yxd-8SFVvX_g/view

Edited by Spinsanity

• 2 weeks later...

But it isn't a great image and all of the distortion means I am having to make a lot of assumption about what the image is showing.

Again, have you watched the video?

Here’s a link:

Pause it ~17 seconds in if need be. Clearly, it’s a cape, there is no distortion or ambiguity there...

+Edit: Best I can do I guess:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16u-EhKi4FXR2SH8e3gL9yxd-8SFVvX_g/view

You've got good eyes to spot that in the flash transition. Yeah its a cape, but its not all that obvious upon viewing the video, unless you do pause it. 

Thank the Emperor there is another model with links to the Order of Our Martyred Lady, without it people might have started to think there are other orders of sororitas with narative significance.

The model does look cool however.

Would it kill them to give us some basic special characters for the other orders? Would really like an upgrade Canoness or Superior for... anything. 

If I get Miss stern i'm going to put a normal bobbed head on her and say she used hairspray...lots of it :laugh.:  I get the blown up hair and all but it makes the model slightly unrecognizable as "Ephrael Stern" I have the comic and read it several times (tempted to get the redo as my old one is a bit dog eared from several readings:blush.: )  and the white bob is so iconic to her that I feel I prefer to bend physics this one time ...