Vox Cast Featuring Ad Mech

I watched this yesterday. I really enjoyed hearing about the release, it's just a shame the models are some way off. I particularly liked how they joked about the previous lore regarding Skitarii not using transports. 

Were there any key takeaways or hints?  I tried listening to it while I worked from home but it went in one ear and out the other.  I just remember scoffing at the part where they were basically patting themselves on the back for how the whole AdMech range is cohesive and all I could think of was how out of place the Kastellans are, though I absolutely love the model.  And I don't feel the Skorpius fits other than the Disintegrator's turret shares a similar shape to the Dunecrawler.  Granted, the model has grown on me, but my initial impression was not very positive.  

I watched it and enjoyed it, they said it was cohesive in little parts here and there resembled each other but they also said that the whole range was quirky and different i.e. kastellans are from 10,000 years ago etc so don't look the same. 

I love how at the end they said when wade price asked about future releases that "we have lots more concept pictures..."

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Really interesting to listen through the design process through the two releases and how they approach the balance between 'this looks cool' and 'the army needs this' (especially as jes openly admits he doesnt play the game itself).

Now im nearing having my army painted up, gotta say Id agree with them that the range is coherent (except maybe the kastellans but as they say, theyre heresy tech). Theres just lots of little details throughout that I certainly didnt notice until painting it up (e.g. the plating on the breacher tracks and the edging on their armour is the same as on the onager legs) - Yet each unit still has its own flavour, which in something as weird as the admech also makes sense.

Its cool to see that they seem to have been let of the leash a bit with admech and allowed to have fun (or at least are having fun whilst designing)

And I don't feel the Skorpius fits other than the Disintegrator's turret shares a similar shape to the Dunecrawler.  Granted, the model has grown on me, but my initial impression was not very positive.  

I felt the same about the skorpius when I first saw it, but now ive got one and bullt it up, theres a a fair bit more it takes from the onager (all the vents/wiring details on it are the same, the access hatch side has the same round shape, the vision slits are the same design, and the slope to the back of it is the same) - its enough to tie it together whilst still seeming unique - Like the two have come from the minds of different techpriests but have been built in the same forgeworld/original plans.   

Edited by DanPesci

I guess I'm one of the weirdos here (surprise, surprise) because I loved the Skorpius on first site, yet some of the newer line... the stuff mostly with wings, doesn't appeal.

I think the Skorpius hit a home run for me because I used to be a WWII background junky and the transport really does look like a WWII boat, and the boxy tank just kind of looks like something made in the 50's with a slight steampunk appeal, and maybe that's why I loved the Kastelan Robots as well (when they are also viewed negatively in general).

I want to watch the show you guys are talking about but I read already on Goonhammer's blog about the (ex) rule writer who was told to write fluff about them not having transports because they didn't make any. 

Right now I'm in such an epic AdMech slump I just feel negatively about any non-Knight releases for them. That's my own problem of course but there's a lot of ways to get to admech and make sure nothing works very long and I don't see it changing this edition.

I do love the background though. The Great Work is actually one of my favourite non-HH series Black Library novels. (I know I'm in the minority there too.) 

Really I should force myself to listen to it, Maybe it would give me hope?  Is there anything in there that had you guys rubbing your hands together in anticipation?

I guess I'm one of the weirdos here (surprise, surprise) because I loved the Skorpius on first site, yet some of the newer line... the stuff mostly with wings, doesn't appeal.

I think the Skorpius hit a home run for me because I used to be a WWII background junky and the transport really does look like a WWII boat, and the boxy tank just kind of looks like something made in the 50's with a slight steampunk appeal, and maybe that's why I loved the Kastelan Robots as well (when they are also viewed negatively in general).

I want to watch the show you guys are talking about but I read already on Goonhammer's blog about the (ex) rule writer who was told to write fluff about them not having transports because they didn't make any. 

Right now I'm in such an epic AdMech slump I just feel negatively about any non-Knight releases for them. That's my own problem of course but there's a lot of ways to get to admech and make sure nothing works very long and I don't see it changing this edition.

I do love the background though. The Great Work is actually one of my favourite non-HH series Black Library novels. (I know I'm in the minority there too.) 

Really I should force myself to listen to it, Maybe it would give me hope?  Is there anything in there that had you guys rubbing your hands together in anticipation?

Its an interesting talk for me because its more focused on design rather than rules (ie you mention the rule writer on the goonhammer article) - However they do touch on the fact the first release wasnt 'full' enough in this.

So, whilst Jes openly admits in the video he doesnt play the game and that his designs are often not rules focused (which may annoy some people) - There does seem to be an admission within the admech team that they realised that, and have been using the 2nd release to fix it which is good.

Theres nothing mindblowingly new about admech in there, but as a designer myself its interesting to hear them talk about the release approach etc

They do mention at the end that we may see another character through a blackstone fortress/kill team style release, and that they have 'more designs ready to go' if they were to do a third release (but it doesn't sound like it will be anytime soon) - id expect those to be the heavy skitarri style designs we saw leaked a bit back.

Edited by DanPesci