Alternate weapons

In the times of 'GW/FW ain't shipping', it's kinda lean.  That said, I know Meeplemart still has a few separate sprues up here in the Great White north.  Some local gaming stores still apparently have them, but yeah I just did that or made a few of the alt-stuff like warp missile racks for reavers. 

Naturally, the Warlord Sunfury is the only one 'out'... I mean, of course, right?  

Edited by Vykes

During the lockdown I suggest you play as “counts as” - if you’re somehow able to play at all.

Then the most efficient option is usually to buy a plasma warlord. I’ve seen those on sale even now. Then when FW is back up get a macro Gatling, paired gatlings and more quake cannon to have a couple of good load-outs.

While I think this is a great game in general and we should support it, I do think the weapon sprue design of the Warlords is a bit of a problem. I really think they should have made a sprue with two (or three) different guns on rather than paired ones. They easily could have done a plasma/gatling sprue and a bellicosa/quake sprue, for example. The bellicosa sprue is actually quite empty so there might even have been space for a different carapace option.

The result is that we basically have to buy resin guns for Warlords if we want effective load outs for them. And that makes them far more expensive than other options. A "brawler" Warlord with sunfury, macro gatling and paired gatlings on the roof is very effective, but it costs £100. 

On the other hand the Reaver and Warhound are both great and you get plenty of guns for those. I find it a surprise that they got those ones right and the Warlord wrong. Maybe they did the Warlord first.

If you're a confident converter then one option is to do a weapon swap with a Warbringer. Take its Quake cannon off and exchange it with a Warlord's Bellicosa. This won't be an easy job - the guns attach to the titans in totally different ways, but the option is there. The 6-shooter magazine on the Warbringer's gun is cooler than the Warlord's box magazine in my opinion, and you might be able to attach the Warbringer's magazine to the Warlord somewhere so it could reload. My advice would be not to bother though - we'll be able to order our guns before too long.

Eh 2x sunfuries and missiles is still pretty competitive

That's ok, but the sunfuries and missiles are not on the same sprue. So to do that you still need a bellicosa sprue. £26 is quite a lot to spend on two carapace missile launchers.

Bellicosa and Sunfury is not a terrible load-out while waiting for stuff to reopen, if you have one of each titan.

If you're a confident converter then one option is to do a weapon swap with a Warbringer. Take its Quake cannon off and exchange it with a Warlord's Bellicosa. This won't be an easy job - the guns attach to the titans in totally different ways, but the option is there. The 6-shooter magazine on the Warbringer's gun is cooler than the Warlord's box magazine in my opinion, and you might be able to attach the Warbringer's magazine to the Warlord somewhere so it could reload. My advice would be not to bother though - we'll be able to order our guns before too long.

#ConvertEverything all day every day.

The Warbringer's quake cannon annoys me so much - the CAD file for that was done way before the Warlord arm was released and it's muuuuuuch cooler looking.  

If you can't wait to order the very expensive FW model that doesn't look as good you can use a volcano as the base for a conversion, just don't use the heat sinks on the back and build a magazine. If you wanted to add a rectangular muzzle brake to the front that would further make it look more like a kinetic weapon.  Overall I'm kinda annoyed because I bought a couple of FW ones and the whole back end looks like a copy/paste rushed job.  The gatling cannon look cooler but it's annoying to paint. 

Yeah the Warlord being so damn expensive was part of the reason ive gone so Reaver heavy, i mean i love them too, but id love to field a bunch of Warlords but the cost is just too savage, especially with the new starter and the best weapons being in resin.

I had enough bits to convert one of the Volcano cannons on mine into a Quake cannon so i did ;)