Second Edition Blood Angels

HUMBY

• 3 weeks later...

Not had a great amount of time but i've carried on fiddling with the Goff Boys and i think i'm calling them done, here's also a sneak preview of the next lot of Evil Sunz and Bad Moons

vkldVYL.jpg?1

NKbRX09.jpg?1

kEPWosp.jpg?1

3ixZhgC.jpg?1

U7L7qJ4.jpg?1

8a9Z6k2.jpg?1

NZ0jKvM.jpg?1

AdBUPTw.jpg?1

bmh23G2.jpg?1

JIIGVn2.jpg?1

LPiZSBp.jpg?1

8Aud5g7.jpg?1

ib36sv0.jpg?1

3eemlsj.jpg?1

Needless to say one of the Evil Sunz and the Bad Moon Nob have weapons to add after painting (i'm not sending them into battle without a shoota!)

Thanks all for sticking with me thus far!

Edited by HUMBY

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the encouragement you guys, I'll try and keep on trucking and get some of these guys painted up soon!

Well this turned out to be a bald-faced lie!

AB7BIqJ.jpg?1

Just thought i'd pop in to say progress is being made, but a surprise lockdown baby (now 5months) and our current almost 3 year old have did curtail the free time considerably!

Congratulations on two counts; the new baby and the wonderful 2nd edition minis. And a third count for holding true to your path and sticking to goblin green bases :)

My first White Dwarf was 133, which got me hooked even though I didn’t have the slightest idea what any of the articles were really about. It was 6 months later that WD139 came along, and it’s been on of my favourite issues ever since. It was that one where the Blood Angel army first showed up in its Rogue Trader incarnation. (And the original article that created Ghazghkull was somewhere up there for me too.) I’m really interested to see how this comes out. Have you seen Apologist’s blog? He also tackled this army, using truescale marines, and it was brilliant

Thanks!

Have you seen Apologist’s blog? He also tackled this army, using truescale marines, and it was brilliant

I have now that's an amazing looking army! Particularly love the techmarine and chaplain. If I get round to a chaplain for my guys I was going to go with a similar colour scheme based on this old piece of art (which I assume is where he got the idea from too!)

https://imgur.com/a/Cdwhdb4

It's lovely to see this army being tackled from the other side, as it were! Really lovely vibrant painting on both the marines and orks – and colour me jealous of the old-school orks you have. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

• 8 months later...

Apologies for the long hiatus. The excuses are many but chief among them is that my daughter isn't sleeping and so neither am I. She will not break my will.

Some progress has been made, in particular with the ork dread

8APSArM.jpg

I'm some way forwards with the second half of the tactical squad too but a strangely shiny coat of bloody red has scotched that. That'll teach me to shake my paints properly. Here's going pictures soon if it can be fixed!

• 1 month later...

Lovin the old minis, shame I lost all my old stuff after a spiteful ex chucked it all out. :lol: Good to see some of the old metals out in the wild again. 

I remember that old WD well, I stopped off in a paper shop on the way to school one day just to have a flick through the magazine and boy when I saw the army spread with that Dreadnought I felt all Slaaneshii inside, and I have used box naughts in every game since I first got my hands on one. :) (I didnt get a loyalist one until they came out in plastic but I had many Chaos dreads, didnt see the point in shelling out for another loyalist one when I already had two of the Rogue Trader dreads), 

So what else have you got planned for this army?? 

Oh as for the Orks, I love the new arms on the old torsos, it really brings home the hunched knuckle dragging posture of the Greenskins. :tu:

Thanks so much, seeing that dreadnought for the first time was a really seminal moment for me, but like you it took a long time to actually own one because I had an old rogue trader one (also lovely models in their own way).

In theory I want to paint both armies from that battle report, although thanks to arrivals of surprise covid babies that's taking longer than anticipated!

I think what I might do is paint enough models to proxy for the old 2ed box set so I can at least have a few games with them.

It'll be a good stepping stone to carry on to the ultimate goal! (and an excuse to paint an ultramarine tactical squad for a little variety)

• 7 months later...