127th Cadian Armour

Kriegsmacht

Figured since I've been focusing a lot on my Imperial Guard vehicles that I would put them in on thread. I still have more Vehicles to paint as well as the Infantry I have bagged up. Also have plans on what to get next once this lockdown is over.

So this is my Cadian Hazardous Environment force. Consists of the 127th Cadian Armour as well as 46th Mechanized Infantry.

Based the colours on the vehicles after very early WW2 German tanks painted Grey with brown camo. My historical vehicles rarely have any damage or lots of weathering so i'm using my 40k tank as a reason to do different things. I want the vehicles to be more worn down than what I have normally done. In my mind this would fit in with the Hazardous Environment theme to my army. My idea is they're involved in a long protracted war and any vehicle damaged or knocked out is taken back, fixed up and sent back out.

I don't have any Infantry painted up yet I started with the HE Command unit but stopped before finishing them. I have a squad primed and a blister of HE torsos on the shelf so will work on them eventually. I prefer Armour more so i'll be focused on the vehicles for the time being.

Second post will have pictures of what I've done recently and then i'll move on from there.

Thank you for checking this out.

Here is some WIP pics of my Exterminator.

I removed the sponsons as I didn't really want them on this tank. With the theme i'm going for i'm not too worried about the glue left behind will try to paint them as patchwork repairs. Might change my mind though so I don't know. I wanted to make this tank not only worn but lived in so I glued tracks to the side of the tank and on the turret with green stuff around them to look like they were welded on. Then added a bunch of stuff to look like this crew has been fighting in the same tank for a while.

When i paint the tank i'll add some stuff like kill marks on the turret, name of the tank, and probably some slogan on the side with white paint. Will see what happens.

ExterminatorWIP

ExterminatorWIP1

@WarriorFish thanks! :thumbsup:

Got some motivation to paint again so thought i'd post some progress pics of my Exterminator.

I painted on a slogan it says "Krinthia or Death". Krinthia is the Capital the Imperial Guard are grinding towards. When they arrived to the planet it was expected to fall within a year but now it has been four years. The crew of this tank believed in the victory so much they kept painting the slogan  on the side of their tank. Now as the war grinds on the slogan is more of a laugh - neither victory or death for the men in what became their home.

Not much more to say I have some spots left to work on and then do line washing, Thanks for checking this out.

WIP1

WIP2

Thanks guys

Will probably work on the Valkyrie it looks like it'll be fun to work on. The Chimera was bought in case the Variants challenge happens. I still have some vehicles to finish though. My current "to finish" list is

Exterminator(current)

Manticore

Hellhound

LR w/ Battle Cannon

• 7 months later...

Hello all after dealing with historical wargaming since summer and finishing a long term project that I finally gamed this month I decided to come back to 40K and the Guard. After Forgeworlds purge of the Cadian Hostile Environment packs my motivation dropped but decided to get back to what I have already and finish them.

Here is my finished Salamander the camo came out ok but I don't think the colours work well for the type of pattern. Decided instead of repainting the next tank on my shelf I'll work on something a little different. Will be fun.

Salamander1

Salamander2

Nextproject

• 2 weeks later...

@ Bjorn Firewalker and Warriorfish  Thanks guys for the responses. :)

Just a minor update but I wanted to show my plan for the interior. What isn't shown in the earlier picture is a big red stain near the back of the Valkyrie and down the ramp. I actually got the idea for that from a video on Youtube unfortunately I can't remember the name of the channel. I was just in a hurry to see vids on painting interiors. I'll probably add some blood for the blood god in spots to show thick blood by the body.

Well my idea is that the Valkyrie touched down unloading troops when a shot struck one of the heavy bolters tearing that off and the gunner getting hit by the shot as well. So the medic and a Guardsman stays behind with the Guardsmen firing his Lasrifle at the door. The medic is trying to keep the gunner alive but considering the blood on the floor and running down the ramp I wouldn't bet on it. I might repaint the ramp removing the blood trails since the gunner got hit inside the Valkyrie.

I also wanted to have the gunners helmet off while he's bleeding on the floor so was looking for bare heads. Found a space wolf scout head and trimmed down the mohawk closer to his head so he looks more like a WW2 U.S. Pathfinder. I just need to find arms for him which is tricky for me since i'm not much of a kitbasher or modeller. My best idea I'm thinking of is using a flamer/grenade launcher arm to have it straight on the floor and for the left arm I'm just going to grab any arm and cut it at the elbow to show that the shot tore half his arm off.

Thanks all for checking this out.

valkyrieWIP2

valkyrieWIP3

@duz_ Thanks! :smile.:

Well just recently finished all four men for the inside of the Valkyrie. Interior is now pretty much finished except for the ceiling. Might cut up the second heavy bolter and have it lying somewhere at the front. Very happy with how they all turned out especially the gunners and the reddish/orange uniforms. As always Blood for the Blood God is fun to use. Can never have enough blood. :biggrin.:

ValkyrieWIP4

ValkyrieWIP5

ValkyrieWIP6

ValkyrieWIP7