Ulrik's Raven Guard: The StormCrows; de Villta Veiðin

Ulrik_Ironfist

May your dice roll hotter than mine on its first sortie! :laugh.:

Well that's tomorrow, in a 4,000pt battle royale in horus heresy (because that thing's like 500pts in 40k so no thanks).

I like the GS work on the Bladeguard. It's a nice detail to set them apart from the stock model.

Thanks, I think it came out fairly well.

• 2 weeks later...

Been keeping up on the Raven Guard, getting more and more detail work done, Did the Phobos chest skulls and I did the Grenades. Did their bolters in Incubi darkness and grey knight steel a while back so I'm getting them closer to parade standard every day.

Did some work on my TH/SS Vanguard Veterans got them battle ready. Need to go back and do their eyes and start getting them more up to standard and I need to designate a sergeant. Now that marines are going to 2W each, part of me really wants to do some conversion on some assault intercessors to have TH/SS and Jump Pack.

• 1 month later...

I've begun painting my Horus Heresy stuff, and I will be Posting updates with pictures for that WIP project right now they're just sort of very dark grey. I'm currently do a dive on the new codex trying to get a feel fro what things do now. Got a couple of ideas, and it looks like my old list might still be workable, but with old marines being viable now, I might be moving back to drop pod tac squads.

Anyway the new codex gave me a lot of things to think about, but the backlog continues to exist and needs to get done, especially since HH is in stasis right now.

• 1 month later...

Alright, time for an update and I have pictures. I got some Carbine Reivers and a Phobos Captain. I also bought a 3D printer so there's going to be a ton of cool stuff that I'm doing with my Successor Chapter. I'm also branching out from running OG Raven Guard chapter tactics and instead running successor traits, and it looks like Born Heroes and Whirlwind of Rage are going to be my primary choices, and I'm going to be running a more melee focused list with vanguard vets, assault intercessors, and bladeguard. I'd be using Incursors too, to get near objectives and maybe get a turn one charge. Incursors and Plasma Inceptors would be my primary sources of shooting along with my trademark StormTalons and Invictor Warsuits.

Anyway enough of me prattling on, PICTURES!

Captains WIP

Reivers

Redemptor

Shrike 1

Shrike 2

Shrike 3

Smash Captain

Reclusiarch

Invictors And Stormtalons

Bladeguard 1

Bladeguard Sgt

I also have a List that makes use of some of my less used models:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [95 PL, 10CP, 1,985pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Born Heroes , Carcharodons, Raven Guard Successor, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

+ Stratagems +

Token of Brotherhood [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: Jump Pack, Raven's Fury, Rites of War, Storm shield, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Thunder hammer

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 100pts]: 1) Shrouding, 5) Tenebrous Curse, Shadowmaster, Warlord

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 110pts]
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted Power Sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Neo-volkite pistol

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [8 PL, 160pts]: Incendium cannon

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [8 PL, 160pts]: Incendium cannon

Vanguard Veteran Squad [7 PL, 165pts]: Jump Pack
. Space Marine Veteran: Power fist, Storm shield
. Veteran Sergeant: Power fist, Storm shield

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

Inceptor Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]: Melta rifle
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol
. Eradicator Sgt

+ Flyer +

Stormtalon Gunship [9 PL, 165pts]: Skyhammer missile launcher

Stormtalon Gunship [9 PL, 165pts]: Skyhammer missile launcher

++ Total: [95 PL, 10CP, 1,985pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I'll freely admit that the recent Goonhammer Tier list gave me some ideas, and some of those things I may have just straight copied. Still I think this list is still mine, since it makes use of a lot of units that I enjoy, and the Invictors and Stormtalons may not be winning choices, but I'm stubborn and playing units that I like is fun and that's what matters more to me than winning.

I'm not sold on storm shields on Captains anymore, to be honest. The only thing they really do for them is +1 to save rolls thanks to the 4++ being covered by the Iron Halo. Probably a good investment if you're expecting a lot of AP 0 or -1 coming in, but I'd almost rather give them some firepower instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sold on storm shields on Captains anymore, to be honest. The only thing they really do for them is +1 to save rolls thanks to the 4++ being covered by the Iron Halo. Probably a good investment if you're expecting a lot of AP 0 or -1 coming in, but I'd almost rather give them some firepower instead.

That's fair, but I'm a sucker for WYSIWYG and he's modeled with a thunderhammer and storm shield because I wanted a really cool looking smash captain. I don't really even know what manner of weapon to give him either.