Trying to find WD feature

pawl

Ahoy!

So I'm trying to find an old White Dwarf feature, and I'm coming up with nothing. I would check my old WD stash but I don't have access to it at the moment. It would be WD UK 232 onwards, as that was my first issue, and I want to say it was in the 200's but I could be wrong. Tried searching online, including uploaded pdf's, but there's big gaps and lots of US issues so I've had no luck.

The feature in question was of a heavily converted marine army that I believe was owned by Tony Cottrell. There was a scratch built titan, a desert recovery vehicle and various other converted units/vehicles. I think it was just a single page, but it may have covered two.

I don't suppose anybody happens to remember it, and if so knows what issue it was in?

Ahoy!

So I'm trying to find an old White Dwarf feature, and I'm coming up with nothing. I would check my old WD stash but I don't have access to it at the moment. It would be WD UK 232 onwards, as that was my first issue, and I want to say it was in the 200's but I could be wrong. Tried searching online, including uploaded pdf's, but there's big gaps and lots of US issues so I've had no luck.

The feature in question was of a heavily converted marine army that I believe was owned by Tony Cottrell. There was a scratch built titan, a desert recovery vehicle and various other converted units/vehicles. I think it was just a single page, but it may have covered two.

I don't suppose anybody happens to remember it, and if so knows what issue it was in?

The one with the converted AT-ST?

The one with the converted AT-ST?

That sounds like it could very well be right, yeah! Annoyingly I didn't focus much on the bigger stuff back then, and was more interested on the tanks and quad bikes.

Edited by pawl

Check my gallery if can you see it, I'm sure I had a picture of the AT-ST and relating awesome BA army from WD magazine.

Let me know if you cant find it, or if it's the right one etc.

That's the one!! Do you happen to remember which issue it was in?

Not off hand sorry, if I get a chance later I'll try and take a look. Sadly it's a lotta magazines to go through. Glad it's the right one at least!

If I could I would look myself, but lockdown in the UK has kinda gotten in the way!

I might even be able to reverse image search it, will have a go when I get chance.

Edit: yeah, no joy!

Edited by pawl

Issue number 235 July (UK) with the free Codex Assassins in, cover art shows "waaagh! da orks are 'ere!".

Is there something specific you wanted, I have the issue here on my desk?

You're a legend!

Typically the pdf I found was a Canadian edition and doesn't have it, and I can't find a uk one.

Also I got the Tony right, but at some point in the last 25 years got his surname wrong according to a YouTube review I found.

Anyway. I seem to recall that the guy had converted bikes into quadbikes using (I think) old plastic terminator torsos. I wanted to know if that was the case, and if they still look as cool as I thought they did at 9 years old! Hoping I can steal his technique at some point in the future, after seeing a quadbike elsewhere that I wasn't so keen on.

(to be fair all the conversions in his army looked awesome back when I was young!)

Edited by pawl

In case you haven't been able to find the issue/pictures in question since your last post, I've managed to track down a copy and got some pictures of the army in question:

[PICTURES]

I hope that helps. :tu:

Massively, thankyou! I'd not managed to find pictures online, and can't get my copy until the lockdown is over. I do hope you didn't buy one?!

It looks very much to me like he was using the old plastic terminators, with a second floorplate at the back. As and when I'm able to get hold of parts I really want to give it a go, just to please the 9 year old me that never could!

I thought the pictures are what you had meant to ask for, thanks to Dosjetka though!

To be fair I wasn't very clear! I appreciate the help though, and with any luck you'll be seeing photos before too long!