Fire support

Montoya

Hey guys, 

As I continue to play test and think about how to build out my TS army, I''m interested in which way people have found the most success for fire support.

Definitely the focus is the psychic phase (otherwise why play this army....) but i definitely feel the need to additionally have some long range fire power.

I've tried chaos predators and find i quite like them.  (interestinly i never have liked them in my Blood Angels army, but in TS they seem to fit).

I've tried helbrutes as well, and so far have found them good too (though i've used them less so far)

The forge fiend to me seems too unreliable.   

What do you guys think of these options?  What others have you tried (if any).

Slightly OT, but the "issue" with FW-units are they are either hit or miss with regards to points. So many goregous kits with completely useless rules and point values. And then there are some gems here and there, such as the contemptors. I am talking in genreal, not just 1KS.

- keeping my fingers crossed for the FW revamp :-D

Slightly OT, but the "issue" with FW-units are they are either hit or miss with regards to points. So many goregous kits with completely useless rules and point values. And then there are some gems here and there, such as the contemptors. I am talking in genreal, not just 1KS.

- keeping my fingers crossed for the FW revamp :-D

I know, I love the Sicaran Venator but I don't think I'd ever use it in any chaos army, as whilst I love it's model the rules for it are jst so bad, especially when compared to the loyalist version.