Master crafting relic rules question

Correct.

I believe the rule is that only one weapon is affected, where each line separated by a different-color background is considered "one weapon". If you have one weapon with multiple profiles, like a plasma pistol or combi-weapon, then all the profiles get the buff. But since the grenade launcher and power fist are just separate weapons on the datasheet, they don't get that benefit. Even something like a Boltstorm Gauntlet would only affect one of the shooting or melee profile, not both, since these are listed as separate weapons, rather than one weapon with two profiles.

Correct.

I believe the rule is that only one weapon is affected, where each line separated by a different-color background is considered "one weapon". If you have one weapon with multiple profiles, like a plasma pistol or combi-weapon, then all the profiles get the buff. But since the grenade launcher and power fist are just separate weapons on the datasheet, they don't get that benefit. Even something like a Boltstorm Gauntlet would only affect one of the shooting or melee profile, not both, since these are listed as separate weapons, rather than one weapon with two profiles.

Not quite.

If someone has a master-crafted combi-flamer it affects both parts, even though the bolter and flamer portions have 2 separate profiles.

Same with the Boltstorm Gauntlet.

FAQ

Q. If I select a weapon with more than one profile for the Master-crafted Weapon Special Issue Wargear (e.g. a plasma pistol), does the increased Damage characteristic apply to all profiles of that weapon, or must I select which profile of that weapon is improved?

A: Add 1 to the Damage characteristic of all profiles of that weapon. Note that weapons with similar names but listed separately in the weapons table, such as boltstorm gauntlet (melee) and boltstorm gauntlet (shooting)

are considered separate weapons, rather than the same weapon with different profiles.