Banelord Rules Speculation

While I’ve been building up my Legio Fureans, I’ve been musing about a potential Banelord release for AT. I think it would coincide as the flip side to the recently released Sinister Titan. Moving on chronologically from Beta Garmon to Lucius and the Solar War is the best time to bring it about.

I’m thinking it would be a highly modified Warlord Chassis (read: FW upgrade kits).

Weapons are:

- Doomfist

- Havoc launcher (which is more of Titan sized hunter killers at this point)

- Hellstrike cannon

- Titan tail w/cannon

- bloodletter battlehead/Assault cannon

Now many of these weapons have 40k analogues but don’t fit into Titan grade weaponry anymore. I’d like to further speculate on the potential rules here:

1. Brass collar of khorne - a Titan dedicated to Khorne and a good foil for the Sinister Titan. Block any psychic attacks or effects on a 4+

2. Titan tail - d3 S6 hits sort of like ardex defensor cannons in the rear arc (can target unit other than main weapons). Additional d3 S9 concussive attacks in any arc within 2”

3. Bloodletter battlehead - could be lazy and do a Quasi Vulcan mega bolter, 6 S4 rapid fire 8”/16”

4. Doomfist - described as a menage a trois of a chainfist, power fist, and melta cannon. 2” range S12, 3 attacks, rending, +2 to hit. Melta cannon is shorter brother of reaver version. S10 3” blast 9”/18” range melta

5. Hellstrike cannon - might make this a bit weaker as it sounds like more of an AOE ranged flamer. S7 5” blast 12”/24” ignores penalties to hit from cover (air bursting hellfire)

6. 6 Havoc missiles - one shot missiles somewhere between an apocalypse launcher and a void missile. S8(10?) one shot 30”/60” ordinance

Instead of Machine spirit, it would have aN infernal frenzy table (lazy way of chaos dreads lol) rolled on each combat phase.

1 - Wildfire: pivot up to 45* and fire at the closest enemy, can’t move this turn

2 - 5: Player controlled as normal

6 - Berserk: Push reactor once and make a charge move with boosted movement profile (no extra reactor push) towards the closest enemy

Movement profile is slightly higher than a warlord to compensate for short ranged weaponry - 6”/8” boosted

What do you guys think?

Edited by depthcharge12

I wonder who’ll be allowed it. For example, could Legio Mortis have one, given their dedication to Nurgle?

I wonder if instead of making a specific Banelord, they’ll make generic rules for corrupted titans, maybe with rules for the assorted gods. That way everyone could have them. But really I’ve no idea, and the banelord is out there in the fluff so it’s reasonable to expect it to turn up.

I love the idea of a bane Lord titan. I think it would need a speed boost as a warlord trying to get into CC is difficult. Maybe the tail could help stop units escaping or something like that?

I like the idea, I did add the movement profile near the bottom to be 6”/8” but maybe it gets upped to 9” for successful charge orders?

As for the corrupted/4 powers titans I think that’s closer to the truth and more likely. I hope they don’t go the lazy route of build your own with some rules as there’s some cool ways they can go with aligned titans but make them open to each of the traitor Legios.

I’d argue that the BaneLord is the most well known, however I’ve seen epic Warplord/Plaguelord/ExcessLord. It’d be cool to have rules for each of those titans but we will be lucky to get kits for any.

They probably will make a customitzation set with tond of options like the daemons list Edited by noigrim

I missed the boosted speed you put in.

My concern with that kind of speed is that you are treading on the toes of the reaver titan. I think a more elegant approach would be better and help to differentiate the difference.

The warp lord Is the obvious counterfoil to the warlord sinister. The bane lord is the CC monster, the plague lord I can see being tougher or having a healing mechanic. I’m not sure what they would do with the excess lord, although a name change would be a start.

I missed the boosted speed you put in.

My concern with that kind of speed is that you are treading on the toes of the reaver titan. I think a more elegant approach would be better and help to differentiate the difference.

The warp lord Is the obvious counterfoil to the warlord sinister. The bane lord is the CC monster, the plague lord I can see being tougher or having a healing mechanic. I’m not sure what they would do with the excess lord, although a name change would be a start.

*sorry Painlord :P that was the correct name but it’s still hamfisted.

As far as movement, maybe keeping the Warlord profile but always giving a 9” charge? That way it encourages charges without tipping it into Reaver territory? Call it favored of Khorne or something cheesy like GW always does and it stays fluffy.

Slaanesh titans are almost a proxy of Eldar titans - nimble with hard hitting quasi lance weapons (old fluff called them psi weapons that channels the warp into a lance beam). Lighter armor but has weapons with the AT equivalent of lance. S8 no armor stronger than 12 when resolving hits. They also have the glamour of Slaanesh so they are harder to hit.