An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

Holy crap... The Nightbringer. That is a ridiculous amount of wounds for a power that automatically goes off.

The monolith having no ++ save is a bummer, but at least it's rocking a 2+ now. I need to watch the review as walls of text and my brain don't play nice, but are there any strats or auras that boost monolith survivability that anyone has seen? Still getting a save against AP-4 is nice enough, but I'm afraid the monolith is just gonna get shot to ribbons without some kind of way to give it damage mitigation.

I'm excited about the new stuff. 

I have a lot of old metal necrons (warriors, immortals and destroyers), hope to mix them up with several wraiths and a ccb/annbarge or 2. 

Maybe convert some plastic warriors to be used as deathmarks...

Yeah, and then a metal deciever or nightbringer. That'll be nice :D

Still no monolith for me. Didnt use it in 3rd/4th, wont use it now. I do like the new model but I'd be spending my money on other (necron?) stuff probably.  

They are probably price high because Indomitus was a bargain. The new players have been hooked and now they can start to work that investment.

Also Indomitus was a splash release, it doesn't represent the price that people would regularly be able to acquire those models at.

Warriors £29

Skorpekhs £34.5

Hexmark £21

I don't know why they're priced quite so high... Indom really was a bargain

Well the Warriors go from £25 for 12 Warriors and 3 Scarab swarms to £29 for 10 Warriors with "options" and 3 scarab swarms, so make what you will of that. The Hexmark is about par for characters in 8th/9th and the Skorpekhs, well  a current destroyer squad is £30 so again make what you will of that.

Sooooo glad to have 3*indomitus necron for basically...free. At this rate, I think that I'll sell few characters and one reanimator to make some money back and buy few new options. The hex seems interesting (without being OP). Too bad that several (many) interesting minis are out of stock (stalker, wraiths, ...). I 'll have to wait a bit.

I've got another Indomitus box on the way, I'm wondering if I can find a marine player who wants more Primaris because I kinda have enough for two medium sized armies at this point.  I'd ideally like to convert some flayed ones and Immortals from more warriors.  

They are probably price high because Indomitus was a bargain. The new players have been hooked and now they can start to work that investment.

Also Indomitus was a splash release, it doesn't represent the price that people would regularly be able to acquire those models at.

I get the economics of it but still surprised by the pricing.

Assuming the monolith will be £120 based on the giants

For the stateside folks:

- 10 Warriors, 3 Scarabs (ETB): $45

- 3 Skorpekh Destroyers: $54

- Hexmark Destroyer: $35

I'm not sure why anyone would pay $45 for etb warriors and 3 scarab when for $50 you can buy the recruit edition, which also has a lord, all the primaris, and dice. Even if you don't play marines, you can swap with someone who does.

RE: Skorpech Destroyers

I'm holding out hope they release a new set of models so I can get 6 that don't duplicate.

Don't fancy my chances of converting the existing models.

I really don't think it's happening to be honest. I hung onto my second set in case there was a multi part kit coming. Fairly certain it isn't...

I’ll be picking up just one hexmark this weekend. I don’t think it’s terribly costed(in GW money terms) for a character model you’ll probably only need one of.

He’s got a 12” IIRC, there’s a lot of things in this game that can turn him into spare parts at that range. Maybe he synergizes well with something else but I feel like he’s going to be a very short glass cannon who isn’t hard to convert. 

I’ll be picking up just one hexmark this weekend. I don’t think it’s terribly costed(in GW money terms) for a character model you’ll probably only need one of.

He’s got a 12” IIRC, there’s a lot of things in this game that can turn him into spare parts at that range. Maybe he synergizes well with something else but I feel like he’s going to be a very short glass cannon who isn’t hard to convert. 

18" pistol S6 Ap-1 actually. 

I remember because of how poorly it works with Mephrit.