Black Templar Community Feedback

It sounds as if Ghaz can be everywhere at once nowadays, so it's not surprising Helbrecht would be struggling to catch him. Perhaps Ghaz's transformation will be the catalyst for Helbrecht to cross the Rubicon?

There is so much potential.

The necrons as big player could be the main enemy as Helbrecht will fight Imothek again.

The shrine worlds are still attacked by Chaos so the crusade will go on.

4th war over armageddon and for sure Helbrecht and Grimaldus of course must be there again.

We will see. 

Now lorewise I want to know where BT are.

Cause Helbrecth and Yarrick were literally scrapped out of Ghazghull story, so Ragnar could get a shiny new model.

Where does that leave us?

Are we to be the red shirts once again, showing with up have 100% casualty rates?

Ghaz being spirited away happened in the lore a couple years before the whole Ragnar thing, so it's been a question of what the chapter is focusing on now for a while.

I don't like that channel at all. He says very little of anything original, and has a real fetish for the ITC.

I'm so glad the ITC missions are being abandoned with 9th. I just hope the new missions don't take away the variety and fun of what was in CA19.

I've offered him respectable feedback and criticism but he just doubles down on his fetish for the ITC and continues with his narrow view of the game.

For anyone else interested in emailing the 40k FAQ email address, here's what I sent in just so they can know what points I hit and how:

Dear 40k Team,

With 9th edition lighting a fire to motivate me to finally work on a Primaris Black Templar collection (seriously, I love the models you've shown us so far to the point I've got an order for Helbretch, Grimaldus and an Emperor's Champion and am eagerly awaiting their arrival) I reached out to others who collect the army to collect some information on what they feel the army is missing and submit it as consolidated community feedback for future Black Templar updates.

And frankly you smashed it out of the park because there wasn't a lot of feedback. Most of us are assuming we will be seeing a supplement sometime in the future to consolidate the rules for the army, and as such we would like to see the Sword Brethren from Vigilus Defiant make the jump when it happens. The stratagems are both well done and fit the faction quite well (nice touch using the Vows for names by the way), it was nice to have the Holy Orb back as a relic, and the Warlord Trait is quite good as well. All round just a good supplement and we'll honestly miss it if it's missing.

There was a general agreement as well that if possible we'd like to see Primaris options added in as well. The ability to form our Primaris into Crusader Squads and take a Primaris Emperor's Champion would go a long way to letting the Eternal Crusade to continue like Sigismund would have intended it to. Of course we'd love to see Helbretch and Grimaldus cross the Rubricon as well (assuming you don't have other plans for them of course) as they have great models, but resin just isn't as nice to work with as plastic, or to game with.Trust me when I say that if given the option we'll gladly buy the kits we need to mix and match into Crusader Squads. If we could see a new upgrade pack to go with it it'd be even sweeter, but none of us were really sure how you could do an upgrade pack to put tabards onto Primaris bodies without needing new bodies, so maybe that's a bit much to ask for, but we'd love to see some nice options someday.

The one detail we didn't really come to agreement on, was on the future of the Land Raider Crusader when it comes to the Primaris Black Templars. The Silver Templars were given a motor pool of them when they were founded despite being an all Primaris chapter, and the humble Land Raider can carry beings as large as Custodes so some of us were hoping we could deploy Primaris Crusader Squads into them in the future (which would allow us to use that nice Land Raider stratagem as well) while others were more vocal about the idea of a Crusader pattern Repulsor that trades the heavy guns for transport space and hits the enemy like a gauntlet clad fist before the Templars inside disembark and hit their foes in melee. Maybe you'll have some third option in mind we haven't even seen yet, but we remain hopeful to see some support for the Eternal Crusade.

I do have one negative bit of feedback through: the assault doctrine trait is fitting for the chapter, but the general feeling of wounding on 6s didn't really sit well with the community. It's mostly because the few times it comes into play it's against Monstrous Creatures or Knights where we have trouble wounding them anyways. We were sure of the best way to possibly see this improved on to feel more fun to use (ideas have ranged from a bonus to AP on 6s to wound, to some kind of +1 to hit or wound, to extra hits on to-hit rolls of 6s), but in the end we didn't quite manage to find that thing that really felt right and wasn't just borrowing mechanics from other Marine chapters. 

Thank you immensely for your time, and I hope this feedback helps give some perspective from the Templar player community, as small and zealous as we are, for future updates. 

Have a wonderful day,

Matt

I've offered him respectable feedback and criticism but he just doubles down on his fetish for the ITC and continues with his narrow view of the game.

I like his channel a lot. I dare to say that I am a far more experienced player. With an experience of about 100 tournaments (12 first place and a lot of  major tournament top 10 placings) can say that he often has a narrow point of view. And he has often a very vague information knowledge about many things. He often just tells what the whole community says and is not tested by him in any way.

But all in all, I like his content.

Auspex in comparison have a luck of enthusiasm but is a working machine with sooo much content and he is really really good informed too. His channel is amazing.

You can state things clearly while maintaining a friendly tone. Consider it a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.

thats not the Templar way^^

all in all I am not unfriendly but I say what I think without that honey

I wouldn't say Auspex is less enthusiastic, but more that he presents things in a calm, and well thought out manner so you can both keep up with how he's thinking and why he thinks what he does.

Plus I don't have to turn my headphones down when I listen to him. Brady's enthusiasm is appreciated, but he's not exactly known for being on the quieter end, and his rapid fire pace makes it hard to keep up with him at times. Plus, he doesn't really explain his thought process but seems to parrot a lot of common internet wisdom without digging deeper.

You can state things clearly while maintaining a friendly tone. Consider it a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.

thats not the Templar way^^

all in all I am not unfriendly but I say what I think without that honey

And how much change have you achieved? They aren't interested in rants, how many neckbeard rants to you think they receive every day? They probably just delete every email which is rude put of hand, I would, just to reduce the size of the reading pile.

I wouldn't say Auspex is less enthusiastic, but more that he presents things in a calm, and well thought out manner so you can both keep up with how he's thinking and why he thinks what he does.

Plus I don't have to turn my headphones down when I listen to him. Brady's enthusiasm is appreciated, but he's not exactly known for being on the quieter end, and his rapid fire pace makes it hard to keep up with him at times. Plus, he doesn't really explain his thought process but seems to parrot a lot of common internet wisdom without digging deeper.

thats exactly what I mean. I like the way Brady do his work.

Auspex is enthusiastic but you dont hear that in his voice (thats what I tried to say before)