Black Templar Community Feedback

"It might surprise some, but we are well aware of the background we create..."

This comment gives me the feeling that some obnoxious individual(s) loudly and aggressively claimed otherwise, which mildly upsets me. Corbeil is a nice dude (he helped me with my paint scheme on IG), and Faleij probably is too. I hope that people didn't complain to/spam these two guys directly.
Unlikely. I follow Corbeil on FB and insta and I dont see him at least getting any kind of spam. Probably just questions on warhammer FB page. Plenty of loud and obnoxious fans there, so much that I stopped following the page. I absolutely despise the wannabes that go around answering fans that have questions for team, or even worse are rude and condescending imbecils.

Back on topic I wonder if and when we get some primaris char, they will have this type of tabard..

Edited by Sete

Likely. The fact that Max was annoyed to have forgotten to mention it could be because he's sick of having spent the last 18 months telling people why?

(18 months because that's how long ago these models were painted.)

That seems insanely far in advance. Is that really how long GW's production pipeline is, that they've already finished designing the models, produce at least a few, and paint the display copies over a year before announcing anything to the public?

Im pretty sure GW themselves have said several times before that their production schedule can be years in advance, hell they just said on stream that 9th edition artwork were commisioned 18 months ago and the Primaris range was also designed sometime in mid 7th if I recall correctly. I remember Maxime hinting that he wanted to work on Black Templars if GW gave him the opportunity and these new models are basically Black Templars in all but name so maybe he was working on them. 

As for their answer to the color scheme, I will never fully trust GW and how they handle our lore after the absolute disaster that was 6th/7th edition lore and the unnecessary retcons, they've gone back to being closer to the original lore but I wont ever trust them to do us right after claiming we worship psykers.

I can tell, from Maxime himself, he did not work on these models. I asked him about this.

"Glad you like them, indeed they feel suitable for BT but that’s not because of me, I didn’t work on the range."

And I dont think he worked in anything BT specific yet, but this is my assumption, and hopefully I'm wrong.

My message:

"Been following your work for a while, love the classic look you gave your Templars. Hope you had the chance to work on them for a future release. The Crusade is Eternal!"

Reply:

"Thank you, I would love to do this for sure."

Obviously he is under NDA, but I secretly hope next year will be good for us.

We got a tab on the store for some reason.

Edited by Sete

"It might surprise some, but we are well aware of the background we create..."

This comment gives me the feeling that some obnoxious individual(s) loudly and aggressively claimed otherwise, which mildly upsets me. Corbeil is a nice dude (he helped me with my paint scheme on IG), and Faleij probably is too. I hope that people didn't complain to/spam these two guys directly.
Unlikely. I follow Corbeil on FB and insta and I dont see him at least getting any kind of spam. Probably just questions on warhammer FB page. Plenty of loud and obnoxious fans there, so much that I stopped following the page. I absolutely despise the wannabes that go around answering fans that have questions for team, or even worse are rude and condescending imbecils.

Back on topic I wonder if and when we get some primaris char, they will have this type of tabard..

It wasn't aimed at Maxime, there were comments to that effect on the post which shared a screenshot of the twitch stream showing the Black Templar. It was into that thread that Maxime posted the above comment.

I bet the weirdest thing about working for GW is day one, sitting down with the new boss and being told not only the epic new stuff that you're about to work on, but also everything that is fine and will be released in the two year lag fill before what you do goes out.

Imagine getting two plus years' worth of release announcements in one go!

I dont think so. I mean at first they said they painted JUST ONE model. It sounded like one model extra (because so many people want it). The whole process need that time but painting one model for this skilled painters is done in a few weeks if its their job.

btw - i add him as a friend but never had contact. Never talked or wrote him. If I have something to say, i do it directly to GW.

Painting models still has a massive lead time to get photography and book layout done in time for it to go off to print in time.

Not to mention GW is working on multiple projects ahead of time, meaning the "due date" for those models may have been far earlier than the book layouts would have needed to be finished.

Max Faleij was nice enough to let me know what paints he used for the brass chest icon.

1. Basecoat Runelord Brass
  2. Shade with watered down Wyldwood Contrast paint
  3. Highlight with 1:1 Runelord Brass/Stormhost Silver mix
  4. Extreme highlight of Stormhost Silver
Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

Well it makes me happy to see that bar the sword bros, all our specific stuff is temporarily out of stock on the UK GW site. Cmon geedubs time to give something back. 

Yes I take that to be a good sign too! Sword bros suffer from lack of customisation and the general Primaris trend.

Oh what I would give for an Emperor's tax primaris kit...!

Well it makes me happy to see that bar the sword bros, all our specific stuff is temporarily out of stock on the UK GW site. Cmon geedubs time to give something back.

I'm so cynical at this point I expect to just see them go quietly into legends.

Its just a shortage of stock, its worth remembering that we are in a pandemic and it wasnt that long ago that GW production was stalled completely so they may just have run out of stock. In Canada only the Emperors Champion is out of stock and the Land Raiders and several Primaris HQs are also out of stock. I dont think this means anything except that GW hasnt recovered completely and will be slower in replenishing their warehouses. 

EDIT: Got my threads mixed up.

That said, if large units don't see bonus attacks for being large units, I'll be writing GW an email about the issues of melee units with 32mm bases and more than 10 models since AoS figured that out, but 40k hasn't (so far).

Edited by Fulkes

BT have always looked better with cream robes, ice white shoulder pads, metallic armour details/trim IMO. I have seen BT like that since 3-4th ed days, bone chest detail, black trim etc was a tired style even back at release, though iconic. Red splash for SB is a must though.