The Army You Always Wanted to Do (But CP Stopped You)

jaxom

I think we're all aware that Custodes and Knights players are currently ecstatic now that they don't need a CP capacitor detachment, but what's some of the things you've wanted to do?

Personally, my idea for an Eldar all jetbike army moved up a few notches on my list as did updating the paint jobs on my terminators for a First Company strike force. 

As a knight player that never used a batt (never needed it). This bonus just gives me more to play with and now I can do some more combos.

Course the army I thought was CP starved that I played was my battlesuit tau army. More markerlights and more fire coordination is on the way.

Or better yet, I can field an army of nothing but armigars and crush my foe under a stampede of mecha. I can get 12 in 2K, maybe 13 if I kit the moriax out right.

Edited by Focslain

I must've missed something but is there a leak about how CP will work in 9th edition detachments? If CP aren't as big an issue I will actually repaint (for the third time) my 4th edition Deathwing who have been languishing in a box now that Belial no longer makes them troops, my 5th edition Sanguinary Guard languishing in a different box now that Dante no longer makes them troops, and maybe skip guardians or Dire Avengers in my Iyanden wraigthguard guard army languishing in another box.

I must've missed something but is there a leak about how CP will work in 9th edition detachments? If CP aren't as big an issue I will actually repaint (for the third time) my 4th edition Deathwing who have been languishing in a box now that Belial no longer makes them troops, my 5th edition Sanguinary Guard languishing in a different box now that Dante no longer makes them troops, and maybe skip guardians or Dire Avengers in my Iyanden wraigthguard guard army languishing in another box.

The prevailing rumour is that it's based on game size, not detachments. So both sides start with the same amount. In fact another hint is that detachments will cost CP after the first one. Not sure on how to get more though.

Titans. With their massive points cost, they are just giant point sinks that don't generate CPs. If GW/FW do the reasonable move and adjust the Warhound's points cost to something that reflects the impact it has in a battle (does minimal damage and dies turn 1), I might actually get to play one in a game of 40k without embarrassing myself.

Since I've never played in tournaments it really isn't going to affect my list building for my World Eaters... I might actually start doing something with my Drukhari... I started collecting them when Kill Team came out but never did anything with them in 40k because I couldn't come up with a list I liked. 

A fun list would be a Necron Destroyer wing, as I named in the 500 for an army thread:

2 Destroyer Lords

3 heavy destroyers

22 destroyers, in two packs of six and two packs of five.

Outrider detachment, 2 HQ, 4 FA, and 1 HS slot. Under current planning, this nets me a grand total of...4 CP. maybe a couple more with the right warlord trait. Destroyers guzzle CP like a flamer does promethium with Extermination Protocols stratagem. Granted, it only costs 1 CP, but CP rerolls can put a dent in your four precious points, and you may want other strats dependent on the opponent or your dynasty.

With even 10 command points, this list suddenly becomes a lot nastier—you can afford to throw around EP every turn, spend a point for two relics, and use a situational stratagem almost whenever you want.

And of course, if you’re playing narrative, all of a sudden all of your squads are rerolling everything. Such is the power of destroyers with Extermination protocols unbound by the once per phase rule.

That would be my Imperial Hammer of Witches army. Inquisitor Karamazov leading a penitent legion (Arco Flagellants, PEs, Mortifiers and Repentia) along with Greyfax and a Vanguard of SoS. They are supported by Cannoness Commander Jahalla Athebraxis and the Holy Choir of Saint Katherine's Aegis.

I still have to make compromises to build this army; Karamazov breaks the Battleforged status of a Non-Ordo detachment UNLESS I take him as a Slotless advisor. This mentions the detachment needs Sororitas HQ. The good part of that trade is that since it WILL have Sororitas HQ, the Mortifiers and Repentia will get Order Traits.

I haven't costed this, because it's theoretical; there are a lot of unknowns about 9th Ed army contstruction, and as you'll see, this is a weird build. The many orders of sisters could be reduced; if I had to, I'd combine the Outrider and Patrol into a Sacred Rose Battalion. This also comes out to more than 2k for sure. Anyway, here is the impossible dream:

Spearhead: Order of the Bloody Rose

Karamazov

Canoness

3x3 PE

3x10 Arcoflagellants

Repentia Superior

3 x 10 Repentia

3x3 Mortifiers + Anchorite

Null Maiden Vanguard

Greyfax

5x Vigilators

5x Witchseekers

5x Prosecutors

Outrider: Order of Our Martyred Lady

Canoness Commander Jahalla Athebraxis

5x Celestians (Melta/ Flamer/ Simulacrum)

Immolator

5x Seraphim (2x Inferno Pistol)

Patrol: Order of the Sacred Rose

Canoness Miranda Hayle

Hospitaler

Imagifier

15x BSS (Melta/ Melta/ Simulacrum)

15x BSS (Melta/ Flamer/ Simulacrum)

15x BSS (Melta/ Flamer/ Simulacrum)

2 x Exorcist

I have a World Eaters daemon engine list planned. World Eaters purely because that's what they're painted as, but if I was being efficient I'd run them as Red Corsairs. Anyway,

2x Lords Discordant, 3x Venomcrawlers, 2x Defilers and a Greater Brass Scorpion at 1500 points. Eight (good number) scuttling daemon engines. Bugger all CP under 8th though, and my feeling is that CP rerolls are important in this army for saves. But I can't wait to field it nonetheless.

I never really cared about CP to begin with so i already  built a small version at 1K points of my admech list i always wanted to do.....but then again half the miniatures in the force are not even GW  because i found ones i thought looked cooler or were far cheaper.  

For example i wanted my cataphrons to be crab walkers to go with my dune striders so i use beyond the gates of antares Ghar battle robots instead. not only do they look cool, and fit the theme. they are also cost about half of what GW charges. 

Edited by mughi3