New combos open to the AdMech

The next tournament before the FAQ will be fabulous... Oh wait!..

Some of those combos are just :cuss ing ridiculous, I think they are the worst I have seen get through the proof reading yet. I am also in the market for another 9 Bots since their price reduction.

Come on GW you are the best in the market, please hire another proof reader.

Edited by Black_Knight

The weapon point drops definitely won't get past the FAQ, those look like errors to me.

The only other thing they might change is limiting the new Warlord traits to one per army.

But it does seem like AdMech might leapfrog Astartes...

Edited by Ishagu

The weapon point drops definitely won't get past the FAQ, those look like errors to me.

The only other thing they might change is limiting the new Warlord traits to one per army.

Id agree with that (the first part, I dont play enough competition to know if were better than astartes now ha)

- HPB to go back up in points, i think thats a genuine typo/confused with the new raider phosphor gun - as there were no other weapons points changes AFAIK?

- This would hopefully also mean the sulphurhound gun coming down a bit

- Those new holy order traits I fully expect an FAQ so you can only choose 1 per army (it makes no sense thematically to have different holy orders in one FW, never mind being different within one small force of that FW. Rules wise the stacks are bonkers with Mars castles.

RAI i think its meant to be so you can get one of the regular warlord traits as well as a holy order trait, not 2 holy order traits.

also does anyone know the exact wording on this - and are 'holy order walord traits' and 'warlord traits' actually the same thing?

e.g. if strat says 'choose an extra 'warlord trait', not 'choose an extra warlord trait or holy order warlorld trait' it may actually be more limited than people are reading into it??

Edited by DanPesci

Without watching the Vid, I think Lucius Corpuscarii are a thing now!

Deepstrike 20 of them, maybe with a TPD for rerolls.

Give them -2 AP for the shooting, maybe try to charge something. Even without the AP in CC, the amount of attacks should be high enough to do some work.

Make sure the Lucius Canticle is in place for a 4++ save.

At the end of the turn, pop Acquisition at any Cost to basically have 20 man unit with a 3++, 5+++ (and +1A for Acquisition) standing right in front of your opponent. That is something I am looking forward to pull off.

Id agree with that (the first part, I dont play enough competition to know if were better than astartes now ha)

- HPB to go back up in points, i think thats a genuine typo/confused with the new raider phosphor gun - as there were no other weapons points changes AFAIK?

- This would hopefully also mean the sulphurhound gun coming down a bit

- Those new holy order traits I fully expect an FAQ so you can only choose 1 per army (it makes no sense thematically to have different holy orders in one FW, never mind being different within one small force of that FW. Rules wise the stacks are bonkers with Mars castles.

RAI i think its meant to be so you can get one of the regular warlord traits as well as a holy order trait, not 2 holy order traits.

also does anyone know the exact wording on this - and are 'holy order walord traits' and 'warlord traits' actually the same thing?

e.g. if strat says 'choose an extra 'warlord trait', not 'choose an extra warlord trait or holy order warlorld trait' it may actually be more limited than people are reading into it??

The Holy Warlord Traits are specifically designed as Warlord Traits, so no limitation there as fas as I can see.

This is the text above the HWT tables:

If an Adeptus Mechanicus Character model (excluding named characters) is your warlord, you can select a Warlord Trait from below for them instead of using the Warlord Traits from Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus.

Edited by krakjen

The Holy Warlord Traits are specifically designed as Warlord Traits, so no limitation there as fas as I can see.

This is the text above the HWT tables:

If an Adeptus Mechanicus Character model (excluding named characters) is your warlord, you can select a Warlord Trait from below for them instead of using the Warlord Traits from Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus.

Cool cheers for clarifying that, also wasnt sure if named characters were affected either (e.g. no super daedolosus!)

For those interested, Ive been taking a look at my 2k Stygies list and what I might change/new combos to take here (have set myself a £200 limit on buying new models):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/364287-2000pts-stygies-post-pa/

I think it's great this is happening. 

Not to toot my own horn but so far it looks exactly like I thought. The -rules- are the juice here. The new units are cool but I would say none of it looks to be 'must have'. 

I'm still on the fence about the flyer... just so expensive, but if I get one it'll be the bomber. 

I'd just like to remind everyone that as cool as this new stuff looks, it is very much within GW's wheelhouse to juice up some lethargic armies at the end of an edition. We can cross our fingers and hope the momentum continues into 9th. 

The rumour mill says July 11th for 9th edition so we wont have long to see if we are reset at the start. Even if rules change it will all come down to the points reset on whether we stay strong or return to where we were at the start of 8th being over-costed.

I just brought the flyer and bat-skitarii after my usual seller decided to revert to their old lower prices thank goodness. I was going to get the rest later on with the Aeronautica Box but I just found the new Nemesis: Lockdown Kickstarter, dammit I need to make decisions.

Has anyone run Cawl recently without his aura extension, does it cause issues with placement? With these new rules I definitely will have to drop this, if not him for a normal character warlord trait.

The rumour mill says July 11th for 9th edition so we wont have long to see if we are reset at the start. Even if rules change it will all come down to the points reset on whether we stay strong or return to where we were at the start of 8th being over-costed.

I just brought the flyer and bat-skitarii after my usual seller decided to revert to their old lower prices thank goodness. I was going to get the rest later on with the Aeronautica Box but I just found the new Nemesis: Lockdown Kickstarter, dammit I need to make decisions.

Has anyone run Cawl recently without his aura extension, does it cause issues with placement? With these new rules I definitely will have to drop this, if not him for a normal character warlord trait.

Yes I have. You just need to keep him closer to the units, it's not a big problem. Obviously there's a few situations where you're no longer able to keep as much in the aura but going forward I'll be assigning two of the new traits to generic characters.

Yes but I find depending on the list design it becomes problematic.

I use a dynamic list. My Dunestriders are typically aggressive, but in many lists I still use the Kataphron detachment which wants nothing to do with forward engagement. This is where Cawl's aura truly pays off. 

I think the raider rules are great Prot, I'm surprised you're not interested in those as a must have. In fact, I'm more excited about those ranger hounds than most of the other units.

I'm concerned with their lack of T, and even though I usually run Stygies I am going to be pushing them up field, thereby decreasing the buffer zone of my 12" bubble. I'm very interested in seeing the actual book (but still probably a ways out because of shipping delays) or a really good review. I have yet to find a page-by-page review.

I think the raider rules are great Prot, I'm surprised you're not interested in those as a must have. In fact, I'm more excited about those ranger hounds than most of the other units.

I'm concerned with their lack of T, and even though I usually run Stygies I am going to be pushing them up field, thereby decreasing the buffer zone of my 12" bubble. I'm very interested in seeing the actual book (but still probably a ways out because of shipping delays) or a really good review. I have yet to find a page-by-page review.

I was actually going to mention the raiders to prot too :rolleyes:  - I remember seeing a few posts prot where you'd been having issues screening, and I think raiders are a legitimate way to screen out your castle turn 1 (the run away from combat strat being the icing on the cake when needed)

Im going to pick up 12 of them to run as two units (and they look easy enough to magnetise between raiders and sulphurhounds as looks to just be head/body swaps).

Well maybe I'm missing something with the Raiders? I don't know... I can't see it right now. T3 everywhere really bugs me. 3 Wounds might be a saving grace, except against Tau/Necrons/Astra. 

But as far as a screen, why do you guys think these Raiders are better than... let's say Dragoons? 

Aside from being able to target characters, their wound count is all that I can see here? Their damage through shooting or assault seems lethargic.  The 2 CP escape thing is okay, but I'd have to see it in practice. I have a feeling they will disappear easily before being assaulted with T3, 4+ saves. 

This would be the equivalent of shooting through  18 Rangers. 

Running them mid field to intercept and then fullback wasting the enemies charge, all the while taking shots at the enemy characters seems like a good idea.

I am not sure of the order of events but would an enemy declaring a multi-charge be able to carry on the charge past your raiders if you backed off?

I am buying one of each model just to build them for now, got the flyer and Batskitarii on order and waiting for the rest this weekend when I order Aeronautica. I really do hope the wings of the flyer are removable, good luck transporting it if they don't :S

Edited by Black_Knight