If you had to buy a model/unit before the new edition?

Gendo

Regarding the Assault Centurions, I assume Melta and Launchers? In a LRC with Helbrecht?

Hurricane bolters. 12 shots per Centurion beats a single Mortal wound.

Even when going against tough models and starting with 3 Centurions? I still got the LRC behind with bolters.

You kill tough models in melee, but weight of dice (36 shots) will take stuff out regardless of how tough it is. Plus it keeps the unit more universally flexible against a wider range of targets.

Plus 36 bolter shots can do more wounds than the max of 3 mortal wounds. Don't forget that those bolters jump to -1AP in the tactical doctrine.

Makes sense, my crusaders will remain combat focused so I could always use some more bolters scattered around.

Regarding the Assault Centurions, I assume Melta and Launchers? In a LRC with Helbrecht?

Even when going against tough models and starting with 3 Centurions? I still got the LRC behind with bolters.

You kill tough models in melee, but weight of dice (36 shots) will take stuff out regardless of how tough it is. Plus it keeps the unit more universally flexible against a wider range of targets.

Plus 36 bolter shots can do more wounds than the max of 3 mortal wounds. Don't forget that those bolters jump to -1AP in the tactical doctrine.

Makes sense, my crusaders will remain combat focused so I could always use some more bolters scattered around.

My thought as well for mine. Hordes won't kill themselves after all.

I'm also thinking of melta for the LRC and the Centurions since I don't currently have a lot of anti-tank weapons for cracking open tanks so I can punch the contents.

Hurricane bolters and flamers. Meltas are too expensive when you typically get to fire them just once, and the siege drills will already crack open any vehicle. Hurricane bolters are a steal at 10 points, even though I only get to fire them about once per game, and one MW from launchers is irrelevant because anything that they charge is dead anyway.

My thought as well for mine. Hordes won't kill themselves after all.

I'm also thinking of melta for the LRC and the Centurions since I don't currently have a lot of anti-tank weapons for cracking open tanks so I can punch the contents.

I would, as I was lacking firepower I loaded vehicles with all the options, isn't cheap but you don't pay for another unit to carry weapons around. Especially in 9th since we don't get stuck by some silly unit charging a massive tank.

Even a Drop Pod, put weapons on it and you kind of have to waste time taking it down.

Hurricane bolters and flamers. Meltas are too expensive when you typically get to fire them just once, and the siege drills will already crack open any vehicle. Hurricane bolters are a steal at 10 points, even though I only get to fire them about once per game, and one MW from launchers is irrelevant because anything that they charge is dead anyway.

6 meltas into one vehicle, then go punch a second. Problem solved.

From what I've experienced in vanilla 8th it was all about a shooty bubble so I'd think if you get there there's plenty of multi wound stuff around to shoot at before charging. But I guess opinions come from local meta experience too.

From what I've experienced in vanilla 8th it was all about a shooty bubble so I'd think if you get there there's plenty of multi wound stuff around to shoot at before charging. But I guess opinions come from local meta experience too.

I'm thinking with buffs to monsters and tanks there will be. I mean smashing a LRC into combat with a horde and then unloading the guns into them sounds cool as heck.

At the Moment I think LRC could be worth it again.

Points changes will make or break it of course but it sounds fun for casual games at least. Edited by Fulkes

i think the best unit to have faith in is aggressors.

1.. in a shooting meta, they are excellent anti-horde units.

2. they have powerful cc so they can be good for a cc meta. even if the meta turns into mech shooting, they can screen a la 5th-ed thunderbubble.

3. they have solid resilience.

4. they are good targets for litany of divine protection and emperor's will.

the only way for them to stop being great is if they are gutted with massive points increase, and even then they at least will have a distinct role to perform (midfield control/anti-horde shooting) so even if points cost makes them not ideal they will be far from bad.

Just got the Centurion kit, going to be a PITA to paint :smile.:

I'll be honest, I'm doing my black with Black Templar contrast. Thin coats until it looks the way I want it to.

Nice.
But seeing the centurion in your hand i'm certain I'll do the make centurions look good upgrade with the leg extension update.

Just got the Centurion kit, going to be a PITA to paint :smile.:

GK helmet fitting perfect to them. Look very templar-ish
I can confirm this:
Ya5AkyT.png
Edited by Brother Carpenter

No, if I'm not mistaking the thread was started with what would you buy before the possible new edition lands?

I'd try and get some BT upgrade sprues just in case they go away.

The post was somewhat poorly stated, my apologies.

Thick finger syndrome on a small smartphone screen.

In the same effort i See my quote in the centurions discussion is horribly out of place, I'll edit that.

Rinke