When will the udpated Forge World rules come out?

Hey, was wondering if there was any general idea of where in the year the FW indices would be published. I know there's no specific date, but is there knowledge of the quarter?

They mentioned them on the BIG REVEAL stream. Only said "soon". My guess - they'll be released before the 9th edition.

Well we know 9th edition won’t be released until July at the earliest so that puts us in Q3 anyway.

We also know from the FAQ that the FW indices won’t be available until after the new edition is launched so again Q3 at the earliest.

Now they did say “soon” after 9th edition launches but we know from past experience that “soon” by GWs standards can mean anything from tomorrow to the literal 41st Millennium so there’s a chance we may not even see them before Q4, especially if there’s a lot of other stuff from the main line to release like a new Necron codex. FW is never a priority for the main studio so if anything needs pushing back they’ll be it. That’s worst case scenario though so if I had to bet I’d say Q3 but towards the end of it.

These have been written a whiiile, they may have tweaked them for 9th but theyll have known about that for months too

Yeah, I'd guess these were finalized around the same time 9th was finalized. I'd bet they'd been working on them for a while and then did a final pass over them once the 9th edition rules were done.