Inquisition updates in PA?

Yes, I just wasn’t sure if people had anymore info from PA: Pariah or if there was a dedicated place to discuss said tweaks on the inquisition portion.

Sadly, but unsurprisingly given the state of Inquisition and GW, there have been far less leaks on Pariah than there were for the other PA. By now, people damn near knew the entire books but Pariah is basically limited to the Warhammer Community articles information.

I promise, this will be quite the place to discuss all things inquistion as soon as we (i.e. me) have something to talk (i.e. complain) about.

Yeah I am not expecting much. But would like standard inquisitors to get their power armor back.

Their henchmen needed some tweaks. These guys pal around with inquisitors they should be fairly decent and eclectic. This includes making one of their only special units, demon hosts. The only good one was the unbound version in a super old WD article.

They should be able to bring a vehicle of their choice not just take one already on the battle field.

I’d like the radical inquisitor demon blade to not be a downgrade from the power sword you have to have to trade “up” for it lol.

Edited by dogfender

This article has all the info on the new inquisitor. It reprints lots of stuff from the WD Dex, which we already knew, but it also previews two new strats. If they kept the existing 4, that's six altogether.

Another important detail: all Inquisitorial forces can join Imperial Detachments without breaking doctrines, not just Inquisitors. No to be clear, they didn't quote the rule text, and Warcom has made mistakes like this before. But it's nice to not have to take a detachment because you have a cool acolyte or a jokaero you want to use.

That's probably the extent of the changes. I think there were some actual leaks in another thread, but I could be wrong.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/23/pariah-inquisition-rulesgw-homepage-post-1/

Edited by ThePenitentOne

Interested to see the actual wording of who and how exactly can inquisition units join detachments.

I wonder if alpha psyker will stack with the WL trait for Malleus, or if it’s replaced it. If so they may have shuffled some of the other traits. Would also love some new relics/WL trait options.

Another important detail: all Inquisitorial forces can join Imperial Detachments without breaking doctrines, not just Inquisitors. No to be clear, they didn't quote the rule text, and Warcom has made mistakes like this before. But it's nice to not have to take a detachment because you have a cool acolyte or a jokaero you want to use.

Oh thanks for the heads up, this is a huge bonus.  I'll have to take a look.

Looking through my copy (came in today). Some changes such as a new Keyword- Agent of the Imperium. This has been added to all Inquisitors.

Bio Corrosive Poisons just got a name change.

6 stratagems instead of 4, all WD stratagems are present but have had name changes.

You may have an Agent of the Imperium in your  non-Inquisition detachments, one per detachment, even if If you have an Inquisition detachment in your army.

All I have noticed thus far.

So is it just inquisitors you can add to any Imperium detachment? Or any inquisition unit?

If it's the latter then I could take a guard detachment and put inquisition units in so I can invoice crusaders and priests etc. And transports!

Acolyte save hasn't changed.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armor is in the book!

For a Unit to be added to an Imperium Detachment and not break any Battle Brothers or other rules the Unit must have the Agent of the Imperium keyword. Only Inquisitors have it in the book.

As for Authority of the Inquisition I'd like that clarified as well. For example if I am running a Sisters of Battle army and want to add an Inquisitor can I bring a Transport for that Inquisitor such as a Chimera or am I restricted to an Adepta Sororitas Transport?

The new stratagems:

1. You are now able to have a non-named Psycher Inquisitor know and use an additional Psychic power and the ability to gain an additional deny psychic power.

2. You may deploy one Infantry Inquisitor, Jokero, Daemonhost and Unit of Acolytes as a group outside of your deployment area during deployment.

Yeah Goonhammer confirming nothing much has changed except additional stratagems. Which sucks as i was finally hoping to field some inquisitional minions going forward but having to pay 3cp for a vanguard for them killed that stone dead :( 

https://www.goonhammer.com/psychic-awakening-pariah-rules-review/