How Will You Indomitus?

Get Thokt

Since pre-order dates went up, I'm sure many of you have been getting your offers to split the box.

I am curious to know how everyone here will be planning the purchase. Are you splitting the box? Do you think the Marine models are a higher value (in terms of cost) than Necrons? What is your plan on the other contents in the box such as the rule book?

So far, I've had two offers. One is to go 50/50 on the purchase, and I take the Necron models and books. Another is 33% of the price of the box, and I just get the Necron models.

I'll most likely be going for both, but I'd like to know how you asses the value of the box contents and what you consider is a good deal.

I'm splitting one with a friend who is not as well off as my wife and I so I'm buying the Necrons for like 45% of the box cost (to help him out a bit). But I'm buying another box just for myself in case I ever actually decide to paint the Primaris I have.

I'm buying one for myself outright because I play Necrons and Blood Angels, then I am splitting a box with a friend for just the Necron half for around $60 USD.

Who gets the rulebook affects the split, as does the simple fact that the Space Marines will be in huge demand but I expect to see the aftermarket flooded with the Necron half just like Forgebane. GWs models have built some hype and attracted a few new players to the Necron faction, but they haven't shown anything to really prove they've fixed the busted Resurrection Protocols mechanic so there is limited hype from existing players.

I've told my other Space Marine playing friends that unless they are giving the Necron models to me for almost free, I'm not taking any more splits. I made the mistake with Forgebane and still have unbuilt models from all those trades.

I might get more Necron halves but it'll be down the road.  I can use duplicates of the characters for conversions or just modify them enough to field two but I doubt I'd want 3 of any of them unless the codex gives us full wargear options on everything, in which case I might want 3.  But since I don't have much use for the characters it's a lot more likely I'd just pick up a third Reanimator, Warriors and/or Skorpekhs on ebay (or get them when they're released separately).  I have a ton of Warriors but very few are finished painting so since I like the new ones a lot more I'll probably want to replace all of them eventually.  Could chop some old ones up for basing material, maybe.

Is anyone going to be building their Warriors with any Reapers?  I might do 10 or so to mix between squads but I just don't know.  Maybe if once I look at them in person I really like the model I'll do some.  

Looking at the sprue, appears that for every 10 models, you get 10 left arms and 10 of each weapon. So to me, it looks like I can glue everything but the weapon arm. And just use the push fit function to swap at will without magnets.

Full box for me and a split with a friend in the UK. Also grabbing a set of bikes to loot into nob bikers...

Can. Not. Wait.

2 halves as well is 2k right off the bat... Less if you don't use the characters needless to say but should be fun.

I'm getting the boxset and splitting another with someone. I wasn't planning to do it all, but when I considered how cheap you can get the Necrons, I figured it was worth it. As I see it, I think you can sell the marines (piecemeal) to make up the difference between the rulebook and the boxset, effectively making the Necrons free. And if I'm going to get one set, I might as well get another.

So I guess I'm starting a Necron army.

I'm getting a box and selling the Primaris half at my leisure to help fund the Codex and moar models. I don't think I'll get any more of what's in the Indomitus box though aside from a box of Skorpekh Destroyers if/when they're released as a normal kit with options. Since I have so many Warriors I'm hoping that the new ones don't look too out of sorts next to the oldies (not metal old, mind you :lol:). If the new gauss rifles scale up to the old ones I'll be chopping 20 rods out for use in my existing Warriors and building 20 with reapers out of the box. I know I can just get the rods from wherever but I'll have these unused so fingers crossed on getting choppy choppy and spending that money on more new models.

After Indomitus + Codex and more Skorpekh I'll be nabbing up the new Monolith and some of those sweet looking Lokhust Destroyers (jeeze, did I get that spelling right?) as well as likely a pair of Canoptek Doomstalkers for added heavy support. Since I feel like that will easily fill up 2k the only thing left to maybe add is the Void Dragon, but I'll save a spot for that sneaky dude hiding all blurry in the Monolith pic.

I managed to grab a Spyder, box of immortals and box of lychguard today.

Mixing old and new points then:

Indomitus

20 extra warriors

6 extra scarabs

5 Deathmarks

5 Lychguard

Extra reanimator

Spyder

3 lokhusts

1 Doomstalker

That's over 2k

That's before the monolith and silent king. (I so badly want monoliths to be the Borg cubes of 40k again...)

I'll be going halves with a marine mate, Our FLGS is having a deal where you get the box and an extra rule book and the new paints...so we're going 50/50 

I get the rule book from the box, my mate gets the standard rule book and he gets to keep the box packaging (he likes to store them in the box) and i'll get the paints so win/win for me :thumbsup:

Mithril 

Oh and welcome aboard toaae , there is some Green in Gauss so you'll feel right at home still :tongue.:

Edited by mithrilforge

Got a buddy of mine to split the box with me. He's taking the rulebook too, which is fine by me, because he's gonna throw in an extra 40 bucks for it. 60 bucks for all those necrons? Yes please.

I've found myself actually getting 3 sets of the necrons (place meniacle laugh here). Really more than I need but will be a great add to my already big army. I'm thinking about a possible new paint scheme, hmm?!

Oh, certainly. I may not do all of the new guys in Naculan colors (esp the characters—my royal court is mostly fleshed out, though I suppose Adm. Tanzer doesn’t have a model yet...he’ll need a new weapon though), so some may get repurposed to be new forces for Prince Rakhzan—I’ve always found his story fascinating.

Two boxes for me, going to keep the whole contents of one, parts of the 2nd marine half and the book will be sold to club mates.

Looking forward to expanding my Novokh with new destroyers and Gauss Reaper guns.

One box for me, maybe with some extra Necron Warriors eBay'd

Yea, honestly.

I think the big walker is a pretty bad unit tbh. The Lord is just a lord, nice model, but do you need multiples? Royal Warden takes up HQ slot, so errr...

Warriors and Scarabs are worthwhile. I'm not sold on the S. Destroyers, personally. 

Doesn't leave a lot else in the box that I'd want. 

I'm getting one box, but that's about it. I was going to get two, but I realized I'd just  be buying it for the Warriors. :|

I'm interested, as a potential new Necron player, which of the weapon options on the Warriors piques your interest the most.

Say I have 40 Warriors (from 2 sets) would a unit of 20 with the S5 weapon (plus character support), and 2*10 with the S4 weapon as back/mid field objective grabbers, sound a reasonable plan?

It's hard to say right now. The range is so short on the Reapers that you'd need a good delivery system. Veil of Darkness would drop you outside of RF range, meaning it isn't ideal. Deceiver could work but we need to see the day one FAQs first, I'm guessing (might change when in game setup order Grand Illusion is used), and for sure we'd need to know his points. Same with the vehicles.

Depending on new points costs, Immortals with Gauss Blasters might be the better option. Same stats but better range means Veil of Darkness can easily plop them in RF range. But if there are stratagems to boost the Gauss Reaper (like increasing RF range or shots) it would completely change the discussion. So, in my eyes, too much is unknown to say definitively that they are or aren't good.