Ultramarines point values in 9th

Ishagu

From all you guys are saying about speed it might be worth it to bust out the old Rhinos or Razorbacks!

Are you guys finding the reason to use a Batallion shrinking? If I’m not filling the 3 slots it seems like I might as well just cut troops and an HQ and use them on sturdier elites or bikes.

If my memory serves, you don't get a refund on detachment Command Points costs unless they're Battalions, Brigades or Patrols with your Warlord within. In that case, taking a Spearhead for example would net us plenty of excellent Heavy choices but cost us CP. A fair trade off, depending where we are going with army build.

Anyway, I certainly do think Rhinos, Razorbacks and Impulsors will be strong this edition. Getting troops into key positions to do damage or score objectives, or (more likely) take objectives scoring opportunities away from opponents, will be the key to competitive victory this edition.

I still miss my UM but it's from a completely background perspective (and painting).

Yes, the Scars are doing well for me but I actually enjoyed playing the UM characters so much. I think you guys are right though: Calgar, and his slow movement and lack of being able to be transported in an Impulsor is a bit of a deal killer.

My last game it was basically very much decided by the time Calgar reached the middle of the board.