Ultra FAQ -9th Ed

Prot

Here's the link:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Xt4z6D0yOnN2uX29.pdf

Something I was looking at since we found out how Overwatch works in 9th was about the Defensive Fire Strat, and I wondered how they'd handle it:

*Page 77 – Stratagems, Defensive Focus Change the second sentence to read: ‘Select up to three other friendly Ultramarines units that are within 6" of the targeted unit and are not within Engagement Range of any enemy models. The selected units fire Overwatch at the charging unit as if they were the targets of the charge. Until the end of the phase, the selected units cannot fire Overwatch again.’

Quite good for those potent assault armies, but still requiring grouping to be effective in an edition that rewards board control. I really like it.

So read it as we can use this strat to make the other units shoot without using the universal overwatch strat. If we want to shoot overwatch with the unit being charged, we use the universal strat. For 3cp we can do both. Everybody agree? Edited by emperorpants

So read it as we can use this strat to make the other units shoot without using the universal overwatch strat. If we want to shoot overwatch with the unit being charged, we use the universal strat. For 3cp we can do both. Everybody agree?

Yes. 

That's why I think it's note worthy. Ultimate flexibility, and harder for your opponent to force you to flex an overwatch. You have a second choice, and really for 2 CP that's a heck of a bargain now that Overwatch isn't 'free' and you could be pumping 4 units into your opponent. 

Edited by Prot