The Player’s code

Plaguecaster

I've always been curious how different (if different) wargaming is elsewhere in the world.  It'd be neat for someone to do a travelogue of gaming in cities around the world and see if there's differences in how people play, what conventions are used and how player attitudes vary. 

The idea of proxying stuff is one that I'm interested, also do people around the world carry a whole bunch of armies in their trunk like they do in my area?  I watch people coming in like they're checking luggage at an airline :laugh.:

Let's stay on the subject of a player's code please, or there will be the shooting of meltas to worry about instead :wink:

Well the subject of open carrying does lend itself to the comfort of other players in a store. :ermm:

Edited by Fajita Fan

Let's stay on the subject of a player's code please, or there will be the shooting of meltas to worry about instead :wink:

Well the subject of open carrying does lend itself to the comfort of other players in a store. :ermm:

With respect, I'm with the mods on this one. I'm aware that each state has their own laws on the matter of open carry. At least, for my state, open carry is law-abiding citizens who have actively taken the required safety training and followed the process to earn their license to carry. 

At my GW store, firearms are not permitted. I'm sure that is likely the case for every Warhammer store. I am more than happy to comply with that when I enter their establishment. That being said, my local game store does not have such a requirement and more than a few of us are comfortable with carrying. I understand that his is a matter that is of incredible variance depending on where you are in the US and entirely bizarre for our brothers and sisters across the sea. That being said, so long as they are legally maintaining their right and not breaking any rules of the establishment, this really shouldn't be something we discuss. 

Edited by Noctus Cornix

I've always been curious how different (if different) wargaming is elsewhere in the world.  It'd be neat for someone to do a travelogue of gaming in cities around the world and see if there's differences in how people play, what conventions are used and how player attitudes vary.

I never play any game at the GW store- small, no bathroom access no eating in the store, limited hours, only current GW product allowed. 

Since we are right next to both an army and airforce base our FLGS  gets a lot of soldiers passing through who play. so yeah from the stories the game communities vary widely from place to place as to what and how things are played.

Edited by WarriorFish
Off topic removed

wave had most of these as house rules for just over ten years in my group started as gentlemanly behaviour and helps a deal with a lot of the silly things people do when they feel pressure of the game.

we are a friendly group but everyone has a hick up the most common was the dice thing  picking up hits or all dice before they can be checked.