When will Battlescribe update to ninth edition

At the earliest when the books are officially released on the 25th, that's assuming that the Battlescribe authors manage to transfer the new rules and point values into the databanks immediately.

I'd say it will take two to three days for marines (it did in 8th iirc) with the other factions being updated within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Have you asked the people that develop the files? I've found BSData, but there might be others. Those are the people that have the definitive answers - all we can do here is speculate (unless one of us is one of them). If I understand the way Battlescribe works, there probably isn't a single answer. Each file/faction will be finished when the developers finish them, so we'll see them ready for 9th edition at different times.

If you want answers from the people actually working on the repositories it's best to go to their discord server (BSData Developers) and ask them there. However since it depends on them getting their hands on the rules, finding the time to adjust all the points costs (the code is a mess tbh), adjusting the rules for detachments and then updating the files to the repository etc. it takes anything from a few days to a few weeks after the official release.

Edited by Panzer