Discussion: Invictor Tactical Warsuit

Godfrey

I'm very interested in the model myself, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out.

I've seen a few battle reports where these things have completely altered the opponent's deployment. Obviously, we have the ability to do that, then spend 2 CP to redeploy them.

What other units should you try to deploy with them, to assist them?

I've ran one in a few themed matches. The flamers the nastier option for BA, but 9th has changed how tanks do the pew pew thang. Melee is a great place to stick it, especially against infantry. The main use is to bring horde clearance firepower to your Phobos units, but it supports almost anything fairly well. I like the unit because it plays like the fluff says it does.

Downsides are simple: it cannot take a tank on outside of combat. It lacks that kind of flexible armament that made old skool dreads so common. It really needs infantry support. Anything that can deal withtanks at range, or at least suppress their overwatch for this thing, will help tonnes.

I reccommend suppressors, reivers and incursors. A sedond wave in turn 2 of deep strikers like termies, podded dreads or jump infantry with meltas can be a big help.

Hope people find this useful.

So I’ve posted this in a few places.

I play one supported with a 5man incursor squad when needed. I always use the flamer version. Why? Even when degraded you hit, ignore modifiers, hit flyers etc etc and the range is just too good.

I use it mainly as a deception unit to force my opponent to react and deal with it likely breaking up his plans.

Using the redeploy strat when and if needed. If not needed (normally when I go first) I shoot charge etc and wreck something.

Now here is the key. I accept that I will lose it. It will get destroyed and it will give up points in some games but the balance is what it does for your army as far as deployment, psychological value and what it can destroy or cripple (which is pretty much anything short of a Knight). It is a distraction your opponent will need to deal with.

With the changes to 9th I don’t think you should sleep on the autocannon option. For us it’s pretty big to be able to redeploy the warsuits and with the autocannon we aren’t forced into being aggressive with them.

Also I find the range can be annoying where your stuck flaming an unit that your gonna charge potentially causing some issues for charge ranges.

You can’t really go wrong with either option.