Looking for Primaris Transport Recommendations

trees

I am building up an Ultramarine army to kick off 9th, and have funds for one vehicle at the moment.  

My collection is essentially the Primaris half of the box sets Know No Fear, Dark Imperium, Shadowspear, and Indomitus.  I have a ton of 2 wound bodies to send across the table and would like to add a transport.  I'll eventually expect to get more but for now it will just be one.

So what are the pros and cons of the repulsor, executioner, and impulsor?

Here is how I understand it so far:

Repulsor:

10 man capacity, good amount of firepower, lots of points for a bullet magnet.

Executioner:

6 man capacity, event more firepower, even more points and more enticing bullet magnet.

Impulsor:

6 man capacity, cheap points wise, less costly if it gets destroyed turn 1, minimal firepower.  It can also move and then allow troops to exit the vehicle which sounds great for pushing to an objective.  Is this rule exclusive to the Impulsor or can the other two do this?

As far as I can tell the closest thing to anti-tank I have is hellblasters and eradicators so maybe the fire power of the executioner would be worth it.  If it is how I understand that the impulsor is the only one that allows disembark after movement, it seems the most useful as a transport and points wise would be better for eventually adding two in my lost.

The assault vehicle rule is exclusive to the Impulsor, and it is what makes it so valuable for mobility. 

Right now, the closest thing to Primaris only ranged AT is the Executioner, Eradicators, and Hellblasters. Come the new codex, you're looking at a new selection of battle tanks instead of having Repulsors pull triple duty on anti-tank, anti-infantry, and transport. The fact that they're the only thing that can transport Gravis will continue to be relevant, but for most competitive minded folks, they are an inefficient use of points. With how expensive they are, they make you feel like they need to win you the match, or at least heavily contribute to winning the match, so if you make a mistake with them and they die, it can feel devastating. 

Thanks, I think I'm going to go for the impulsor and get the new gladiator tank when it is available.

I'm thinking I'll still likely add a Repulsor to the collection. The Gladiator would be a nice way to force hard decisions with threat saturation.

• 3 years later...