Canonically, Who Knows that the Lion is Hidden in the Rock?

Spy_Smasher

All lore point to no fallen left when the Lion come back, with recent lore about legion building, it will make no point if the Lion wake up now to fight the Fallen and the DA don't have enought Marine to fight a Legion alone.

Marbas using Luther to gather all the fallen together in one spot is the best way to advance the story of the Fallen, let not forget that Luther break the Chaos grip on him.

Luther is a broken man, not the Chaos empower champion he use to be. He can't die until the Lion pardon him and he will not fight against the Lion again. He understand his mistake and all the impact it have. 

The Hunt for the Fallen is a massive part of the appeal of the Dark Angels and the central crux of their place in the 40k story. While it’s been handled with varying degrees of success (often badly escalating into stupid absurdity for the sake of needing to constantly up the stakes) it’s still badly important to a lot of players.

I’d love for the Lion to wake up, but I can’t say I’d be thrilled if it happened via a Luther and Fallen redemption deus ex machina