Bladeguard Ancient & Primaris Ancient in the same Army?

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone else has considered "splitting" the aura of an Ancient...By having 2 of them? I guess this is regardless of Chapter being run.

For example, if forming an army based around the Indomitus set, the Bladeguard Ancient provides support for the Close Support elements, whilst a Captain and "standard" Primaris Ancient provide buffs (including a re-roll) to a Fire Support elements, including Eradicators.

Random VERY basic list theory, without any vehicles/strats, etc, regarding this:

- Gravis Captain (sits back)

- Bladeguard Captain (goes forward)

- Lieutenant (either assault or backline)

- 2* Assault Intercessors (go forward)

- 2* Intercessors (control midfield)

- 3 Bladeguard (go forward)

- Bladeguard Ancient (goes forward)

- Primaris Ancient (sits back)

- 2* Eradicators (sit back)

I don't think an Ancient aura is especially worth taking unless you have a lot of infantry with heavy weapons. If all he's buffing is two Intercessor squads, then even if they all die before he does, you're averaging about 5 guys shooting on death, once. But the Ancient himself costs as much as 4 guys who could shoot more than once and hold objectives, so this isn't a great deal.

For CC units, the aura is even worse since you just get 1 attack. The Bladeguard Ancient is great if you have a bunch of Bladeguard for the +1 to hit aura, but if he's only buffing three dudes, I'd rather just take an entire extra squad of Bladeguard for the same price.

Edit: Of course, if you have a great relic banner or something, that's a different story.

Edited by Hymnblade