What BA units have to be "primaris'd"?

Darnok

Surely only a matter of time before we get primaris San guard. Think inceptors but with the *primaris*? Angelus boltgun and encarmine melee weapons. Or even a different jump pack development where they keep T4 and gain a wound and attack.

Dante's model is still perfect. Nobody is due new rules more than he is though. The regent of half of the imperium should get some sort of CP bonus or strategic ability of some sort, besides the upgrade to his old chapter master rerolls.

It's exciting that something will happen and maybe soon. I'm sure it will be good whatever it is

Dante needs to be a Lord of War - Chapter Master with new re-rolls, bonus 2 CP like Calgar - and give Sanguinary Guard/Bladeguard Veterans Objective Secured.

Even the Mighty Calgar has deferred command to Dante in the presence of the older, more experienced Chapter Master - simply because he has the reputation of being a tactical genius surpassing all save maybe a Primarch. Guilliman clearly believed so as well.... so there's that.

Edited by RyanT2112

That sanguinor won’t be literally “primarized “ but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a buff/new model sometime down the road (after being empowered by all the psychic awakening).

I would love to see that. Maybe something along the lines of an AOS Lord Celestant.

99120218001_celestantprime02.jpg

I can definitely see a bigger Sanguinor in plastic, especially with GW pushing those "Imperium daemons" lately. While I was never a fan of the concept itself, it obviously stuck and is now a part of the lore GW can not just ignore.

As for Sanguinary Priest and DC Chaplain? Both would make for fine models, no questions asked. The Priest could indeed be handled with Corbulo (he was in AoD, the generic SP only came later) - a generic Priest can be easily converted from the Primaris Apothecary and the BA upgrade sprue though. But then GW is a bit anal about conversions these days...

A DC Chaplain has been a thing since the AoD codex - prominently featuring on its very cover - so I hope for a kickass Primaris model here. Maybe similar to the Corbulo/Priest situation - and also another field of necessary Finecast replacements if you think about Lemartes and Astorath.

Dante just needs a new model. He has been tiny (and in a horrible material) for far too long already.

Hmmm, just realised that we probably will not be seeing primarised Lemartes :(

We definitely need and will get Primaris Sanguinary Priest as current Primaris Apotheecaries do not have Sanguinary Priests' rules. I'm hoping those will come along with the loooong overdue Primaris JP Infantry.

I would love to see the Sanguinor becoming more of a warp entity and get rules similiar to the Yncarne. The Yncarne can be removed from battle and set up close to a unit that has been killed. Think if the Sanguinor could do the same for units that lost 50% of there units strength. Would be super thematic.

I also hope to see a real SG squad and not just bodyguards. They have been around since HH, so I belive they will be around for another 10k years.

I would love to see the Sanguinor becoming more of a warp entity and get rules similiar to the Yncarne. The Yncarne can be removed from battle and set up close to a unit that has been killed. Think if the Sanguinor could do the same for units that lost 50% of there units strength. Would be super thematic.

I also hope to see a real SG squad and not just bodyguards. They have been around since HH, so I belive they will be around for another 10k years.

hehe, well if you ask the forgeworld guys, Sanguinary guard are just a glorified command squad :P

hehe, well if you ask the forgeworld guys, Sanguinary guard are just a glorified command squad :tongue.:

To be fair: I can't think of any "special unit" in 40K that is not a "glorified ... squad".

hehe, well if you ask the forgeworld guys, Sanguinary guard are just a glorified command squad :P

It kinda is tho? Like i love the minis but the truth is the truth.

If they do come out with a specific Primaris Death Company kit, I'd prefer them to pull back on all the ornamentation.

It never made sense to me that the Death Company should be dripping in bling.

Same here, how do you keep them still long enough for a quick spray paint let alone fancy armour. Unless all the BAs make themselves separate DC suits for the day they succumb to the black rage, kinda like how some people build their own coffins.

I just don't know about the sanguinary guard. I've been playing since 5th and the only time sanguinary guard have actually been a good unit is right now. Before that they've always suffered from issues ranging from being stuck at 5 guys during the 5th book, to 6th/7th being really unkind to a TEQ unit with no invuln and not enough damage and finally in 8th where GW messed with the points cost (who in their right mind decided that powerfists and plasma pistols should be cheapest options!?!). 

The cynic in mean just keeps telling me that the golden boys are stuck at two wounds and their power weapons are going to stay the same or something. However, that is complete conjecture (and irrational at that) so take what I'm saying a grain of salt. 

On the other hand I can't remeber a time when DC weren't a useful unit so I'm sure that we are going to be getting some goodness. I am curious to see how we'll end up playing them in the new book. It seems like every book we play our DC completely differently (rhino/LR star in 5th, drop pods with bolters in 6th, MSU jump packs in 7th and now the black missle of death in 8th ). 

My personal bet is that the next BA specific thing will be primaris Dante. As seen from Mephiston they're willing to keep the original armor and weapons almost intact so its very likely we'll just see an upscaled Dante model but with same armor and weapon style as seen on the old model. I've heard people talk about primaris Dante in inceptor power armor and frankly I think thats nonsense.

The SG issue is tricky. Even if all the old guards are dead and primaris marines take their place, they'll still be called Sanguinary Guards and still wear the same armor and weapons as their predecessors did for 10000 years, or they wont be Sanguinary Guards. The marine doesnt wear the armor, the armor wears the marine in this occasion. So they'll either just release a new upscaled box of SG with the same wargear, which I doubt cause the kit isnt outdated or they'll introduce something new like the Victrix guard and call them Sanguinary Protectors or something and give them different wargear options to keep them distinct from the old SG. If thats the case, then we might see a couple of monopose models accompanying primaris Dante, just to test the waters. 

I mean it might have been ok for Guilliman to tweak the codex astartes and intoduce new types of marines outside of tactical, assault and devastators, since he wrote the thing anyway, but the Sanguinary Guards are a BA custom through and through, and with 10k years on its back, who's going to mess with its structure?. Ofc all of this is just my opinion. In the end if GW wants to make primaris SG, they'll make primaris SG.

With the number of weapons that seem to be going up to D2 I think the practical effect will just be that wounds aren't worth as much as they used to be. Intercessors etc. will be much less durable than they were; characters will go down faster.

It will make Marines more resilient to small arms fire but I think we will see a lot of heavier anti-infantry weapons going to 2D like the heavy bolter (things like Shuricannons, Big shootas etc). I think this is still OK as these weapons are generally limited to a certain number per squad and cost more so Marines will still get a net benefit.

Ironically, non-Marine armies will also benefit indirectly as such weapons will be overkill against 1W models so if players are investing in heavier weapons to kill Marines, the humble guardsman will be facing a lower volume of shots overall. Yes the shots they face will be higher quality but there is no bonus for killing a guardsman twice over. He is still just dead (Jim). :biggrin.:

Edited by Karhedron

If they do come out with a specific Primaris Death Company kit, I'd prefer them to pull back on all the ornamentation.

Same here, how do you keep them still long enough for a quick spray paint let alone fancy armour. Unless all the BAs make themselves separate DC suits for the day they succumb to the black rage, kinda like how some people build their own coffins.
How do you take armour off and then put it back on crazed BA though? Depending on which bit of lore you look at, arming a marine take a while to bloody ages. Maybe they just have a big stockpile of armour thralls ready to go.

Edit: spelling

Edited by smileyjim

How do you take armour off and then put it back on crazed BA though? Depending on which bit of lore you look at, arming a marine take a while to bloody ages. Maybe they just have a big stockpile of armour thralls ready to go.

Edit: spelling

death company are kept calm before battle by the chanting of the chaplains, also death company still recognise their brothers as brothers. Being outfitted with the panopy of war seems like something sanguinius would have had done before the siege proper afterall.

I was a stout proponent to the idea that we will see chapter-specific Primaris units such as Sanguinary Guard within one or two years after the codex drops. Now that all Firstborn have 2 wounds and it is fair to assume that SG will go up to 3 wounds per model, I’m not so sure anymore.

If the release cycle of C:SM in October and DW, DA, SW and BA afterwards, maybe in November and December each is to be taken as a given, then I could see GW issue 1 model per supplement.

For us, that would be Dante obviously, for the Wolves maybe Grimnar, a generic DW Watchmaster and perhaps a RW bike champion for DA.

There won’t be a DC kit once AI can be used as DC intercessors as it would be redundant. JP for the 2-wound first born, heavy BP for the rest.

SG with 4 wounds and 3 attacks base sound very tempting, but at this point I’d not bet my money on GW releasing that kit...

Just my thoughts. This extra wound move has shaken things up for sure...

I wasn't convinced before, but yeah, I can definitely see Dante plus 2 or 3 primaris sanguinary guard in a box, ala the Victrix Guard. 3 nuGuard because of the new character shield rule, but they could do just 2 & a bodyguard rule exactly like Calgar. I think the idea of getting a brand new full unit alongside the current Sanguinary Guard box is definitely less likely now with the +1W for firstborn - especially if the current SG go to 3W like terminators.  GW have shown they'll quite happily crank out the same sprue for 20 years as the metal molds last a looong time, and firstborn are going to be around for a while yet now.